News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Before you install the lens, remove the bulb without getting fingermarks on it. Get the fan going first, motor bearings probably need oil. Those little slide projectors get dangerously hot.
You may be better taking Sunset 12's deal.
Quote from: poplar1 on Today at 01:59:01 AMTry ringing it with all other phones unplugged.

If the Ooma ATA is sending less than 77 Volts AC, you may want to adjust the biasing spring on the ringer. Try moving the spring to the low notch.

Photo credit to member G-man.

This is the only phone currently hooked up; the craziest thing to me is that it's been working fine to this point, I disassemble/ reassemble the receiver and boom...no ringer. But I'll give your suggestion a try.
Thanks much! I will look into your suggestion.
Technical "Stuff" / Re: The end of POTS?
Last post by RDPipes - Today at 07:11:05 AM
I gotta tell ya, if they come back to smooth all that out I'll be VERY surprised.
Nowadays I've witnessed many a utility company do their work and leave it as yours
looks to never return. In fact I seen very few company workmen (for the lack of a better term) in all fields do a
proper job of anything without leaving some part of it unfinished shall we say.
That I figure is do to laziness and the lack of even knowing how to spell the word integrity nowadays by many.
Wish you the best of luck sir.
Quote from: keithi70 on Yesterday at 09:58:14 AMYes, the ringer was previously working with both the Ooma Telo and the Dialgizmo. I've tried moving the ringer slider to the right and left to see if it'll ring in any position and nope...nothing. Is there a chance the ringer might be stuck somehow? Is there a way to test it?

Try ringing it with all other phones unplugged.

If the Ooma ATA is sending less than 77 Volts AC, you may want to adjust the biasing spring on the ringer. Try moving the spring to the low notch.

Photo credit to member G-man.

Telephone Troubleshooting and Repair / Re: 3554 ISSUE
Last post by poplar1 - Today at 01:52:09 AM
Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on Yesterday at 03:52:37 PMIn the picture, I see Red, Black, Slate, and Slate/Red.  Connect Slate to K and Slate/Red to A, the Red to L2, and the Black to L1.  It should work.

Agreed. Don't forget to move the slate (gray) hookswitch wire from A to L2.
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
Last post by dsk - Today at 01:10:34 AM
Welcome!
Technical "Stuff" / Re: Western Electric 267 Trans...
Last post by Kmoody - Yesterday at 09:37:28 PM
Thank You. I just ordered that set from Ebay. I soaked the transmitter in paint thinner for a day and the old washer just about fell off on their own.
Technical "Stuff" / Re: Western Electric 267 Trans...
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 09:28:18 PM
These?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133551340695

If so, these type of diaphragms don't have a tension adjustment, they are attached to the carbon capsule with a center screw/nut.
And probably modernly chintzy as well.

Mike