"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What's this phone?

Started by mst269, February 06, 2013, 11:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst269

Hello folks,

I wish this were my phone, but it's not.  I would like to know, however, what it is, if anyone would hazard a guess.  My only guess is North Electric.

Thanks,
Richard

AE_Collector

Could it be European Manufacture?

Terry

rdelius

Looks Ericssion. Ericssion did build telephones for North Electric.

mst269

Quote from: rdelius on February 06, 2013, 01:37:25 PM
Looks Ericssion. Ericssion did build telephones for North Electric.

Very interesting.  The DTMF (at least I'm assuming it's DTMF; could be pulse) dial with the American sequence of letters made me think it had to be a US manufacturer.  I didn't even think about it being imported. 

Thank you!

Richard

LarryInMichigan

The base plate does have a very Ericsson look to it.  I know that Ericsson made rotary Dialog phones for the North American market, so why not push-buttons.  Note that the '0' button does not have "Operator" on it.  Perhaps the phone was intended for possible sale in Canada.

Larry

Doug Rose

Wasn't this on eBay a few weeks ago. I saw it and was tempted but I lost the auction. It is very different looking...Doug
Kidphone

mst269

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 06, 2013, 06:23:25 PM
Wasn't this on eBay a few weeks ago. I saw it and was tempted but I lost the auction. It is very different looking...Doug

Good memory.  It went for like $55.  I missed the end of the auction but my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to ask here.

Richard