News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The CRPF "Bad Packing" awards

Started by Dan, March 01, 2009, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

I don't know why that happens.  I always let a seller know when it arrives and the condition. 

As for finlover, if I was a rich man I'd buy one of his phones and we could get a full blown analysis of what the scoop is, are they really what they seem to be?

bingster

I've actually never let a seller know their item arrived.  As soon as it does arrive, I leave feedback, and I've always considered that to be enough notification.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bingster;
I agree, but no feedback, and 5 unanswered emails.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

When I complain to those around me that a buyer hasn't responded to their purchase...because I too wonder if it arrived OK--Is it damaged---Are they happy, etc., I am told that not everyone logs on a thousand times a day to send e-mail like I do.  I can't understand why they don't.  Those are for off-ebay sales.  I don't generally e-mail sellers from eBay unless it was something spectacular or some exceptionally quick shipping and extra good packing.  I let them know via my feedback like Bingster.  But Dan, I know what you mean about pins and needles.

Sometimes people get busy, or sick or have other issues (like their computer crashed), be patient grasshopper. 

Dan/Panther

Well one positive thing, they had 3 days to let me know of intent to return...
If this weren't my first venture into this sort of thing I'd probably say Oh so what, but I want to know if I should continue or hang it up.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

I really wouldn't worry about it, D/P.  You've gone way beyond the call of duty as it is.  Not only do some folks not answer their emails for whatever reason, but I myself have been guilty of not leaving feedback until after a long delay.  In fact, I just found some items that I had neglected to leave feedback on from two months ago.  My profile said that I needed to leave feedback on two items, but after digging around, I found that I actually had twelve items to leave feedback on, but it wasn't obvious to me and I had to dig for the info.  I finally took care of it tonight.

If you have sent five emails and they haven't answered, I would assume everything is okay.  I assume you need their feedback to build up your positive feedback "bank" as it were, but I've just found that some folks (including myself) simply don't always leave feedback.  They are happy with the item and they simply move on.  Just my .02 of course.

Dennis Markham

Yea, it would be nice to get some favorable comments.  How could  they NOT like it?!

Bill Cahill

:D  Hang it up.  :D Get it? Hang up the phone????  ;D

Just kiddin'
BC

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

LarryInMichigan

I won this phone http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200419527268 last week.  I was really excited since it appeared to be in excellent condition.  It arrived today with major damage.  It had been wrapped in one thin layer of bubblewrap and placed inside of an old Kellogg K500 box, and that box was placed on its side inside a shallow corrugated cardboard box.  There was essentially nothing to prevent pressure from being exerted on the the phone's sides, so it was apparently crushed sideways.  Here are a couple of pictures:

I sent a message to the seller, but I have not yet asked for anything.  I do not know if I should demand a full refund and return the phone or ask for a partial refund and keep it.  What should I do?

Larry

AET

It's just awful when a nice old phone like that is wrecked because of someone's carelessnenss.  I would ask for a partial refund, there's plenty of good parts on that phone and you could always wait for a new case.
- Tom

ntophones

Oh, Larry...I'm so sorry. I know that is so very upsetting and disappointing. That is horrible. I hope you can get enough money back to cover a new case for your beautiful phone.
--nto

McHeath

OWWW!  Poor little phone, it deserved better.  Most of us seem to have damaged in transit stories, and they are never easy to see.  

stub

Larryinmichigan,
                          Man that hurts!!!!!!!!!! I had several, from Calf. , that couldn't get over the mountians 2 times looked liked the usps played football with my boxes!!!!!!!!!   I know you hate to keep it and hate to refund!! Mine was so tore up refund was all that was left.  I started giving special instructions on all my phones now!!!!  I don't always get it like I want but it cuts down on damage!!!!!!!!  Hope you have better luck next time!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

LarryInMichigan

stub,

I did give instructions.  I asked that the phone be packed so that it will not move within the box and that handset be kept from coming in contact with the base during shipment.  I think that I included a warning about bakelite being brittle.  I forget to specify that the phone should not be placed on its side in a shallow box so that the weight of other boxes on top of the box would not crush it. 

I sent a message to the seller telling them about the damage caused by improper packing and including links to the two images I posted here.  I am awaiting a reply.

Larry

stub

Larry,
          You would think, from the sellers feedback, that they would know how to pack stuff by now. Anyway good luck getting this issue resolved!!!!!
          Hope the rest of your phones come in without any damage!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield