"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi from Ireland

Started by patcorr, March 16, 2015, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patcorr

Hi all,

I am new here. Just to say hello. My name is Pat and I'm a phone-a-holic! I got the bug and find it hard to let go of it. I look forward to hearing from you all in the future. Happy St Patricks Day too!

Sláinte mhaithe,
Pat

zaphod01

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

WEBellSystemChristian

What a coincidence! An Irishman named Pat joins this spunky little group on the night before St. Patrick's Day!! ;)

Welcome! What sort of phones do you collect? American? European? Must be pretty expensive getting our American phones across the pond!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Welcome to CRPF, what part of Ireland are you in?

Cheers
Doug / Autonut

patcorr

@WEBellSystemChristian - Hi, I have been sourcing telephones locally in Ireland as much as possible, but they are getting hard to come by now at a decent price. Car boot sales are the best option, but getting parts for them is like trying to find hens teeth! I have looked in to getting some from the USA as I would like to get a few 2500's, but they cannot be got here in Ireland.

@Autonut - I am in Kilkenny (Southeast)

Quote from: patcorr on March 16, 2015, 09:11:56 PM@Autonut - I am in Kilkenny (Southeast)

Ah, like the beer!  I have in-laws in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland.

HarrySmith

Welcome to our little asylum! The first step is admitting the disease. Phoneitis is progressive and incuragle!
Happy St, Paddys Day!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

Welcome!  Please post some photos of your phones.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

patcorr

Yes exactly where the beer comes from. Alas the brewery closed last year and it is now brewed elsewhere :(

My collection has gotten a lot smaller, but I have some interesting pieces. I will post a few pictures later

dsk

Welcome!
and Happy St Patricks Day  :)

dsk

Mr. Bones

Welcome, patcorr!

Dia dhuit! Conas ata tu?

Foighne agus fáilte romhat...

I hope I did okay, I can only speak a wee bit of Irish Gaelic, and reading/writing is much harder! :o

I am very glad you're here, and look forward to seeing your collection. (We wants pictures!) ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

patcorr

Hi Mr. Bones!

100%, couldn't have put it better myself  :)

I have pictures of my collection up since earlier today, but that will be all different by tomorrow! I sold two today and collecting another 2 over the next couple of days  :)

I will keep ye all posted

Regards,
Pat

Fabius

Quote from: patcorr on March 16, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

Car boot sales are the best option...

Car boots? Is the rain in Ireland so bad the cars wear boots?

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

patcorr

ha ha, it's the Irish and English equivalent of the Jumble sale or flea market

DavePEI

A car boot is what we call a trunk. Therefore a boot sale is a fleamarket or outdoor market people setting up tables and selling out of their car trunks or trucks.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001