"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Just Bought a Load of Stuff - Help Needed Identifying

Started by LarryInMichigan, November 10, 2011, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290629140619

I don't know why I bid on this.  It looks like there are several candlestick receiver caps in the lot.  Those should come in handy.  

Larry

liteamorn

Interesting lot Larry! Wouldn't it be neat if that 500 base carried a 49 date?

LarryInMichigan

The 500 bases are definitely much later than 49 and not really worth more than a few dollars.  If I can salvage a couple of candlestick receivers with the caps, the purchase will pay for itself.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

The stuff arrived today.  The lot includes:
- two almost worthless 1960s 500 bases
- a black ABS 500 shell painted green, a mostly complete 5302 base
- an AE type 81 handset with PTT button
- about ten grooved bakelite F1 transmitter caps
- two tenite receiver caps which apparently are for F1 handsets
- a transmitter screen for an F1 transmitter on an E1 handset  (I needed one of these)
- a WE metal dial center retainer ring
- two 2 1/16" receiver diaphragms
- two Kellogg candlestick receiver caps with grooves (I needed one to replace a broken one)
- a rubber dial gasket marked "59D"
- several unidentified candlestick type receiver caps
- a WE 706A candlestick type receiver cap (I think)
- three unidentified transmitter mounting brackets (I think)
- an unidentified brass receiver hook

I would appreciate any help in identifying these parts.  Also, please contact me if you need any of them.  I would like to sell off the parts which I do not need.

Thank You

Larry

Phonesrfun

The dial gaskets for the 302 are often dried and cracked.  If this one is not cracked, you at least have a nice part there.  Not of great value, but nice, none the less.
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

The dial gasket has only two holes.  I though that the ones for 302s had three holes.  It is a bit dirty but otherwise in perfect condition.

BTW, the unidentified receiver caps are much smaller in diameter than any that I have seen before.  They will not fit the Kellogg, AE, or SC receivers which I have.

Larry

Phonesrfun

You're right.  The 302 gasket has three holes.  Disregard what I said.   :P
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

The receiver hook is identified on the OPW website as a WE 143 switchhook.

Larry

Babybearjs

looks like you've got enough stuff to keep you busy for awhile!  Have fun!
John

rdelius

The smaller rec caps are for watchcase rec. The transmitter mmount might be for a grey paystation or coin collector. The Rec cap woth the wavy surface is for a WE 706 rec.
Robby

LarryInMichigan

Robby,

Do you know what brand of watchcase receivers?  I was hoping to resell the parts that I don't need.  I suppose that the market for watchcase receiver replacement caps it pretty small though.

Thank You

Larry

rdelius

I see at least 2 WE watchcase caps. one has 6 small holes and the other one just one hole
Robby

LarryInMichigan

QuoteI see at least 2 WE watchcase caps. one has 6 small holes and the other one just one hole
Robby

Those must be the caps with the 1 3/4" inner diameter.  I have three identical caps with one hole and a 2 1/16" inner diameter.  The two diaphragms fit into them.

Larry