News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Info needed on docking station

Started by poplar1, June 05, 2012, 12:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Looking for a device that will pick up a cell phone signal and allow connection of "real" rotary or Touch-Tone telephones. I don't currently have cell phone service, but Metro PCS is offering unlimited calling for $25 per month including taxes and junk fees.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Owain

they're usually called premicells or fixed cellular terminals, eg

http://www.westlake.co.uk/store/acatalog/Cellroute.html

even has an off-hook Howler tone :-) However says call control is DTMF, so I suspect no loop-disconnect dialling.

AE_Collector

Wouldn't a VOIP ATA adapter likely be less expensive still and most offer unlimited calling within North America don't they? Of course you need high speed internet service for that though.

Terry

twocvbloke

I've often looked at premicells/GSM Adaptors/cellular terminals, one of my dreams is to live on a narrowboat, and to have a proper telephone aboard, and having a wall phone by the controls at the helm would be fun that could be picked up when chugging down the english canals.... :)

They're a great idea if you're not too keen on fixed landlines though, using them you could literally have a mobile telephone if you wired one up in your car, although I think the bells in the average 500 telephone would probably cause a few crashes when they ring due to the sudden surprise of the noise... :o

AE_Collector

And you don't likely want to be in a crash while driving a 2cv!

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_collector on June 05, 2012, 10:38:44 PM
And you don't likely want to be in a crash while driving a 2cv!

Well, if the hype is to be believed, you wouldn't be going fast enough to put a dent in soft butter in the event of a crash in a 2CV... :D