News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Text messages over landlines - I hate 'em!!!

Started by twocvbloke, June 15, 2012, 10:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Just got one of the above in the title, stating that some 0844 number had sent us a message and to press 1 to listen to it, problem was, I picked up the GPO 746, so couldn't, but either way, I can't stand these text messages over landlines, cos when the computer at the other end speaks the message, it's always garbled or incoherent, like most text messages on mobile phones cos proper spelling & grammar area dying art, so, they're just useless, and most of the time, sent to the wrong number or some form of lazy advertising... ::)

Why must they do that? So blummin' frustrating, running to answer the phone only to find it's not a person at the other end.... >:(

Of course, I just hung up, cos I'm like that... ;D

Owain

For text messages sent from BT message services you can disable them overnight or totally:
Stop unwanted calls and texts (You will need a DTMF phone to access this service)
Texts from BT landlines can always be identified by number on Caller Display or after dialling 1471 will detail 0845 602 1111 as the number that called you.

twocvbloke

That's handy to know, I'll have to check 1471 to see what number we were called by (assuming nobody else has called since), and shove it into google to see what it comes up with.... :D

I think I'll use the cortelco for that, it's not had much use since I put it in place (and put the working AT&T handset in place), so I'll go do that now... ;D