News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Real Nice Yard Sale Find

Started by Doug Rose, July 03, 2015, 01:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I removed this from service, a real Nice WE 202 dated 4/30 with a 4H. 634A subset in working condition. Found in a basement of a yard sale. 4/30 is the earliest I have have seen for a 202.

"Do you have any old phones?"  I always ask and it hardly ever pays off. This was a shocker. I went to the basement looking to see a Black 500 set, this was better...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Nice, and I wonder how old those 3 kids on the dial card are today. You going to let them keep the card?

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Doug.  I wonder how old those kids in the dial card photo are today.  The folks were still using the phone?

~Dennis

(Oops, TelePlay and I posted at the same time.  Great minds think alike. :) )

Doug Rose

They didn't know who was in the picture, phone was in basement when they bought the house. One of the JK leads was broken so I do not think they used it, more for show.

I do not want to break this down, I will first try to sell it as as on eBay on Sunday..Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Do you think all the keys and locks were the same? No reason for a lock if the keys all matched. Just my opinion...Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

The subset does not look like a 634.

I think it's a 534.  It has only one condenser (only two leads coming out), and it is missing the K and BK terminals on the wood strip.

A 634 requires two condensers.

The induction coil is probably labeled  46B, and not 146B.  The two look the same though otherwise.

The ringer (and the entire subset) is wired in a very innovative manner, lol, but might actually produce a sound. Ringing current flows through the induction coil.

Doug Rose

Karl...right on....me eyes deceived me, it is a 534A. ...You know your stuff!....Doug
Kidphone