News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can you Identify this Mouthpiece??

Started by Doug Rose, August 30, 2012, 08:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Its about three times are heavy as the WE MP it is pictures with. 2" across with a big lip. WE is 1 5/8" across. It is the size of the lip taller than the WE. Brass threads with three splits. Has an S in the center on the back. Any idea on the Manufacturer?....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Doug-
That might be a payphone mouthpiece.
Its heavy because it is made of metal inside the black bakelite.
Howard
Howard

Doug Rose

It does not fit a Western. With the "S" on the back I thought it might be a Stromberg Carlson, it swam around inside the SC transmitter. I am looking for a manufacturer....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

The only mouthpiece with metal threads I have goes to an AE transmitter.

Larry

Doug Rose

thanks Larry....I'll give  AE a try. I do have metal threaded WE's that went on payphones as Howard stated, but also fit on a stick....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Howard

wds

You've either got a Kellogg (first choice) or a SC.  I see a lot of metal threaded Kellogg's for some reason.  I have several.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Send it to me, and I will let you know which transmitter it fits.  Also, send me some of you rare candlesticks just in case it doesn't fit any of mine ;)

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on August 31, 2012, 03:35:03 PM
You've either got a Kellogg (first choice) or a SC.  I see a lot of metal threaded Kellogg's for some reason.  I have several.
Its a KELLOGG!!! Cleaned up beautifully....thanks Dave....I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

wds

There was a discussion here a while back that talked about what the "S" stood for.  I can't find the thread, and can't remember what it was.  Maybe someone can find that thread?
Dave