Author Topic: Regarding flaming PM messages.  (Read 739 times)

Offline Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
Regarding flaming PM messages.
« on: August 04, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »
Flaming, either public or private is not tolerated.
If you receive a flaming PM please advise a GM.
Flaming in any form either public or private will not be tolerated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To quote Doug Rose, "This is a hobby, it is supposed to be fun."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It isn't fun when you get flamed. more so when it is just a difference of opinion.

To repeat , Flaming, in any form, public or private will not be tolerated.
Please report any flaming concerns to a GM.
Membership in the forum is a privilege, not a right.

Thank-you,
Jim Stettler GM
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Offline Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
Re: Regarding flaming PM messages.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:59:14 PM »
Since I posted about flaming, I feel I needs  to elaborate on the expectations of the forum in general.
Be polite and kind in your posts. It doesn't matter if you are 12 or 92 you need to be civil in all posts, Public or private. Otherwise you may find yourself as a guest.

Rudeness and intolerance  SHALL NOT be tolerated. These is legal code based language.
Should not in code speak means you shouldn't.
Shall Not in code speak means you  Shall not shall not or you will experience repercussions.
To keep the forum relevant and fun and all-inclusive, Please heed these statements, or you shall experience repercussions . Nobody wants to go there,
So please, play nice in the sandbox.
Jim Stettler GM
You live, You learn,

Offline Key2871

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
I agree 100% Jim. I'm very disappointed that this is still happening here. The people here that are adults and know what it feels like to be flamed know it's not a fun thing to go through. I have not nor will I ever start.
I like this forum too much to see this start again, and to hear about problems that threatens the lively hood of those here.
This isn't face book, or any other sight that might even think of letting this type of thing in the first place.
KEN

Offline andre_janew

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 04:14:48 PM »
There are some people who are so passionate about their hobby that they act like flaming idiots sometimes.  Some of these people turn out to be the most knowledgeable people as well.  On the one hand, you want them gone because of their behavior.  On the other hand, you want them around because of the vast knowledge they have. 

Offline Key2871

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »
True, but Jim states the bottom line, be nice to each person. After all would you want to be treated poorly? If you were truthful the answer would be no, not really.
KEN

Offline Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
There are some people who are so passionate about their hobby that they act like flaming idiots sometimes.  Some of these people turn out to be the most knowledgeable people as well.  On the one hand, you want them gone because of their behavior.  On the other hand, you want them around because of the vast knowledge they have. 
True, but Jim states the bottom line, be nice to each person. After all would you want to be treated poorly? If you were truthful the answer would be no, not really.
That is the bottom line.
We don't care how vast your knowledge. If you are a flaming jerk, there is no place but "guest" for you in this forum.
Jim Stettler GM
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 06:20:18 PM by Jim Stettler »
You live, You learn,

Offline Ktownphoneco

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »
That is the bottom line.
We don't care how vast your knowledge. If you are a flaming jerk, there is no place but "guest" for you in this forum.
Jim Stettler GM

I agree 100%.     That "IS" the bottom line.    I can't understand anyone having a problem with this rule.    You can be "Alexander Bell" himself, but you have to play nice and not throw sand at anyone else in the sandbox.   What can be more simple than that ?   I can't believe anyone would want to argue the point.

Jeff Lamb