News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric D81310

Started by Doug Rose, March 20, 2023, 10:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

What is this. Long 4 Wire cloth cord, Black Bakelite and Metal. Appears unused. Any idea what this is?

Four Wire Cloth cord is in wonderful condition.

Clearly Marked Western Electric D81310, see last pic.

What is it?....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Looks like something to get a nice cord from ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 20, 2023, 01:36:40 PMLooks like something to get a nice cord from ;D
Harry..Agreed! Before I removed the cord I was hoping to find it it was "anything!"
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I guess I salvage the beautiful cloth cord. Shame as it is clearly Marked WE.

Mystery Item..Doug
Kidphone

loblolly986

I'd ask about it on the T.C.I. mailing list as a next step. I see some knowledgeable folks there who aren't on here and it's possible they'd have a better idea of what it was for.

The D-number suggests a limited-production or special-purpose item—making it a cool find, of course. Looks like some form of junction/connecting block, unless there's electronic component(s) of some sort inside. Possibly from a central office or switchboard or for use at a subscriber's demarc/wiring board?

Witty

Quote from: loblolly986 on March 25, 2023, 10:07:33 AMI'd ask about it on the T.C.I. mailing list as a next step. I see some knowledgeable folks there who aren't on here and it's possible they'd have a better idea of what it was for.

The D-number suggests a limited-production or special-purpose item—making it a cool find, of course. Looks like some form of junction/connecting block, unless there's electronic component(s) of some sort inside. Possibly from a central office or switchboard or for use at a subscriber's demarc/wiring board?

I agree. Looks like a connecting clip on the back with contacts on the ends, maybe used for a quick connect setup of some sort on a switching system.
Would love to know also.
Ken