News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NEW Western Electric 1950 Ivory 302

Started by TelePlay, June 27, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on July 01, 2013, 03:36:53 PMPerhaps there were no ivory 302s in stock and they converted it either in the WE shop or the back of an installer/repairman's van? I don't know why anyone else would have wired it for ring party, unless it was installed on a party line.

I really enjoyed reading and certainly appreciated all of the professional assessments posted about this phone. The quote above, and similar comments in other posts, would go to the fact that this phone was sent out to be placed into service. The seller said "You are bidding on a NEW, unused Western Electric Bell System ivory 302 set that has never been put into service." That contradicts the findings or opinions of many on this forum. I'm not saying anything about this phone, or the auction, other than this forum has the greatest group of extremely knowledgeable phone guys on the planet and to read the specific details of this discussion contributed by those members who ventured an educated opinion based on just a few photos is amazing. Thanks to all who chimed in on this great looking but maybe slightly misrepresented phone which had a reserve higher than the last bid, $426.88.