News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dictograph

Started by gpo706, August 05, 2009, 08:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Intercom systems used in Uk, might also be US found some references to the company on international sites.

Nothing much, I have been give one "master" set, and 2 wallmounted receiver sets, its a local intercom system, pulled out of a demolition site in Fife, Scotland by an ex-pupil, who donated them to me.

Haven't a clue how to wire them up, obviously some kind of local battery connection, the units are wooden cased and have three-way trigger switches up, off and down for second connections.

One came with a broken handset, of course I was stupid enought to track 2 replacements on ebay, been in the cupboard for 9 months just remembered the darn thing were still there when I went looking for a pair of rubbers. (sneakers).

I'll try and post pics as soon as I can figure out how.

Scot
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

bingster

Bob also has schematics from 1953 and 1936 on his site, but I'm not sure if you can make much out on them.  I couldn't.

http://www.bobsoldphones.net/Pages/Dictograph/Dictograph.htm
= DARRIN =

gpo706

I really need to post some pics, will try tommorow when I "borrow" my brothers digital!

Sam Hallas has a little info on the company, and I've e-mailed him.

Love to have these on my wall and working.

McHeath

On The Avengers TV series we are always seeing this type of intercom in offices:

gpo706

Thats looks like a dictograph badge on the top, black plastic, silver letters, mine all top cradle hooks, looks like may be a later side handset set.

Looks nice though...

gpo706

McH, which episode if this?

Just got one of the bay, I reckon its an empty cased prop for the studio, (theirs, not mine).

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3838.0