News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Non Paying Bidders on Ebay

Started by Desert Phone Guy, November 20, 2018, 06:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

I have noticed an increase in bidders on Ebay that bid and win an item and they never pay.    I have had 5 instances of this happening in the past few months.

Is anyone else having a problem with non paying bidders?

Scott

HarrySmith

I have not had that problem either.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

I had a couple way back when I first joined eBay in 1998. after I picked up a few hundred positive feed backs, it stopped.
Right now I have 1900 positive feed back, and Zero negative. So it's to the point that now all disputes go my way. In fact one auction, another seller with great feed back and myself had a dispute. They ruled in favor of BOTH of us, and refunded Both of our costs, and loses.
I don't know what this has to do with your situation, except to say once I had an established positive account the BS stopped.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Stubbypylon

I have not sold much in the last year or so, but probably a couple of years ago I had that issue.  It was with one particular European phone I was selling.  I just wanted to get rid of it so starting price was low.  I was convinced it was the same person with different ebay handles bidding on it and jacking the price up possibly because they were selling the same phone for a ridiculous price. When they won they did not pay. This happened at least three times with the same phone that I would have to report to ebay and list again after their waiting period.
Craig Stanowski

Desert Phone Guy

thanks for the comments... In reviewing my non payers, most did have low feedbacks.  Just the luck of the draw sometimes, I guess.