"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED -- SH Couch Bakelite Mouthpiece for Intercom 4660

Started by jjflory, July 21, 2017, 06:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjflory

All,

I am looking for three, SH Couch Bakelite Mouthpiece for Intercom 4660.  The Mouthpiece is smaller that those on CandleStick phone.

If you have any please let me know.  I would prefer ones that dont have an chips in them.

Thanks,

Jeff

jjflory

Oops...here is the picture.

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: jjflory on July 21, 2017, 06:26:27 PM
All,

I am looking for three, SH Couch Bakelite Mouthpiece for Intercom 4660.  The Mouthpiece is smaller that those on CandleStick phone.

If you have any please let me know.  I would prefer ones that dont have an chips in them.

Thanks,

Jeff
"Smaller than those on candlestick phone"?  That depends on who made the phone.  MP threads vary from mfr to mfr.  Who made the phone you are talking about? 

AE and WE used fine threads.  Kellogg and S-C used coarse threads.  Couch used coarse threads too.  My Couch small ICM like the one shown in your photo is AWOL but I have a Couch Autophone desk stand transmitter and checked it against a Kellogg MP.  The MP is too big.

S-C also used coarse threads.  I have a MP of unknown mfr which might be S-C and does fit the Autophone transmitter.  I can measure the diameter and thread pitch if that will help.

jjflory

The manufacturer is S.H. Couch Pairfone 4660.  S.H Couch made a large line of Intercoms.

I don't have another picture of the chain unfortunately.

Jeff

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: jjflory on July 21, 2017, 10:32:37 PM
The manufacturer is S.H. Couch Pairfone 4660.  S.H Couch made a large line of Intercoms.

I don't have another picture of the chain unfortunately.

Jeff
The desk stand you referred to is a Couch 4660?

jjflory

The three units I have are Wall Mounts.  Two of them are In-wall or Flush Mounts the other one is a on wall.

None of them are desk models.  I have several Candlesticks and other phones that have mouth pieces, and all of them are larger than the mouthpiece for the SH Couch.  I have one so I will measure and update shortly.

Jeff