News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

kind of interesting ITT Trendline (trimline clone)

Started by markosjal, December 13, 2016, 01:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I got delivered today something I actually bought months ago. It was delivered internationally by a mule. I actually only bought it on ebay because it was cheap and thought it would match my bathroom (tired of running out of the shower to get the phone).

It is an ITT Coretelco
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262653646491?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Because the handset lookecd like the traditional Trimline I thought this was probably NOS from circa 1980s with an updated base for wall or table .

Much to my surprise this handset is very light and when compared to a WE (rotary dial) handset from the 1980s it is significantly lighter. Upon further inspection, the buttons are thinner more like the older round trimline instead of the broader square ones. The cutout area of the microphone is also smaller . So does the 95 in the images mean this phone was produced in 1995?

Still at te 10 dollars plus 10 dollars shipping a great deal on a classic looking phone that matches my bathroom. better than the junk sold in most places today.

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish