News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE LSI - BSP 463-210-101

Started by JB-Alert, January 30, 2018, 12:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB-Alert

I'm looking for the BSP 463-210-101; this is for for the Western Electric 24A Line Status Indicator.  There is one ebay now (search "ATT-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-TYPE-24B-INDICATOR-BB  or item number 192420143885).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192420143885

This was used mainly for Centrex customers; the unit showed what line was busy or ringing via a LED, with a desi strip next to it; unit usually sat on a secretary's desk.  The unit was stackable, coming in 8, 16 and 32 line configurations.  It had a 25 pair cable connected to it for the 8 and 16 line versions.

Basically I just need to know the wiring assignments, the cable from the power transformer terminates inside the amphenol cable end.  I've searched the internet, and the numerous BSPs, but can't find the copy- they all seem to stop at the one prior to it!  The BSP is listed in the master index too!  Any help would be appreciated!!

Babybearjs

go to the TCI Library and enter the BSP #  if they have it, it should show up.... sometimes this stuff get reclassified into bigger handbooks. I know its not in the KSSM so it may be in another handbook....
John

RB

Can't help with the paper work, but if you look inside the box, and inside the connector,
you should see a ground on the board, match wire to connector pin.
you should also see 18 wires in a line next to it, match wire colors to the connector pins.
Last, you should see a bunch of unused wires, ignore those.
That should be 90% of the wiring, without a schematic.
Good luck  :D

JB-Alert

Thanks, I'll definitely try.  I was thinking it needed both T&R to be terminated for each line indicator, but it didn't add up with a 25 pair cable supporting 16 indicators.  Your answer explains!

paul-f

I hate to take all the sport out of it, but here's a quick shot of the wiring diagram from page 7 of the BSP.

I'll add this one to the (large) pile of things to scan for the Library.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JB-Alert

Thanks a million for this!  For such a common item, and it was listed in the BSP Index, it was noticeably missing from the TCI Library, and other internet sources.  Best regards, Jim

paul-f

Quote from: jb-alert on January 30, 2018, 06:45:40 PM
Thanks a million for this!  For such a common item, and it was listed in the BSP Index, it was noticeably missing from the TCI Library, and other internet sources.  Best regards, Jim

You're welcome, Jim.

Well... there are many thousands of BSPs, many printed in dozens of issues.  When I started collecting several decades ago, there were zero BSPs available on the internet, and few available in any form. Many collectors didn't even know what a BSP was. (And we had to walk five miles to school in blinding snow storms in the winter -- uphill both ways, etc.)

There's some background info posted here:
  http://www.paul-f.com/BSP.html

We're hoping to get many of the important ones in the TCI Library, but a lot depends on the generosity of collectors who are lucky enough to have paper copies and the time, ability and interest to scan them. One of the ways BSPs get added is through requests like this.

Hopefully everyone reading this now and in the future will help increase the size and scope of this valuable resource.
  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Babybearjs

Paul, are you actively contributing to the library? If so, Thank you! I try to DL as much stuff as I need and save it to a flash drive.. you might want to check Franks site.... see if he can help too....
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 31, 2018, 02:29:45 AM
Paul, are you actively contributing to the library? If so, Thank you! I try to DL as much stuff as I need and save it to a flash drive.. you might want to check Franks site.... see if he can help too....

I have been actively contributing and a Library admin volunteer since its inception. We try to recognize all contributors here:
  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/credits

Frank was on our inner circle group for several years, until other priorities piled up on him. We will eventually upload his files, as time permits.

The Library staff has been working around some software issues for quite a while, and are currently in the process of testing new features and processing files in the INBOX and other files that have been contributed but not posted.

Like most volunteer organizations, we suffer from too many ideas and opportunities and not enough volunteers to make them all happen immediately.