and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NE-510 - E/F

Started by Contempra, April 21, 2015, 02:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

Hi to all....

I recently bought a Nothern Electric phone marked:

E/F - NE-510 march / 1967 green color with a 7C dial. What about this dial ?

Network 425B : 3/67 Patented 1954-1957 ..What about this network ?

All the baseboard is original with a button on the left side all is marked 1967...ringer is a : C4A March 1967

What the utility of this button ??. when i open the casing, i can see two wires not plugged on the network . The wires are black and yellow from the big wire containing the red, green, yellow and black... only the red and green are plugged..

I would like to have a schematic for this telephone please...

unbeldi

Your 510F is a two-line dial telephone, the key selects the line, and provides signaling when pushed.  It would require a six-conductor cord to use all the functionality.

It can only ring on one of the lines.

For diagrams see BSP Section 502-515-400.

Contempra

Quote from: unbeldi on April 21, 2015, 03:16:53 PM
Your 510F is a two-line dial telephone, the key selects the line, and provides signaling when pushed.  It would require a six-conductor cord to use all the functionality.

I thank you Unbeldi..

Unfortunately, I don't know where is the BSP section

unbeldi

Quote from: Contempra on April 21, 2015, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: unbeldi on April 21, 2015, 03:16:53 PM

I thank you Unbeldi..

Unfortunately, I don't know where is the BSP section

Google is very often your friend.  In this case it's the first item on the search result page.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BSP+Section+502-515-400&btnG=Google+Search&gws_rd=ssl

Here:
http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/bsps/bsp-handbooks/doc_details/2838-502-515-400-i5-telephone-sets-502-510-511-connections-tl

Contempra

thanks Unbeldi for the help.

WesternElectricBen

Nice pickup, Contempra.

Ben

Contempra

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 21, 2015, 10:58:02 PM
Nice pickup, Contempra.

Ben

Thank you ben..I'm wondering where I can plug the 2 wires ( black and the yellow on the network !!. unbeldi says to me that this phone is a 2 lines if I understand...Where I live, i have 2 lines on my land line. and the second line is used for opening the door for the visitors....What can i do for having my 2 lines with this phone ?. Thanks in advance  and have a good day ;)

poplar1

Denis,

If red and green of the line cord are now connected to L2 and L1 on the network, this probably means it was used as a single line phone. When the phone is used for only one line, the turn key (button) can be used to cut off the ringer in the set, or to cut off an extension.

To use the 510  set for 2 lines, connect the line cord as follows:
Line 1 (red and green) to terminals 1 and 2.
Line 2 (yellow and black) to terminals 3 and 4.

If you want the phone to ring on Line 1, connect the red and black ringer wires  to 1 and 2.
Or, if you want the phone to ring on Line 2 instead, connect the red  and black ringer wires  to 3 and 4 instead.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on April 22, 2015, 08:53:10 AM
Denis,

If red and green of the line cord are now connected to L2 and L1 on the network, this probably means it was used as a single line phone. When the phone is used for only one line, the turn key (button) can be used to cut off the ringer in the set, or to cut off an extension.

To use the 510  set for 2 lines, connect the line cord as follows:
Line 1 (red and green) to terminals 1 and 2.
Line 2 (yellow and black) to terminals 3 and 4.

If you want the phone to ring on Line 1, connect the red and black ringer wires  to 1 and 2.
Or, if you want the phone to ring on Line 2 instead, connect the red  and black ringer wires  to 3 and 4 instead.

Thank you very much Poplar.. If i understand, if i plug the 2 wires ( black and the yellow ) at their place ( right place ), i could receive and make a call even just with a single line, right ?.

poplar1

Denis, for single line use, you can connect the red and green to L2 and L1, or to 1 and 2. The yellow and black aren't needed.

Connect the red and black ringer wires to the same terminals as above if you want the phone to ring all the time.

Or, if you want a single line phone with a ringer on-off switch, then connect the line cord to L2 and L1, and the ringer to 1 and 2.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on April 22, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
Denis, for single line use, you can connect the red and green to L2 and L1, or to 1 and 2. The yellow and black aren't needed.

Connect the red and black ringer wires to the same terminals as above if you want the phone to ring all the time.

Or, if you want a single line phone with a ringer on-off switch, then connect the line cord to L2 and L1, and the ringer to 1 and 2.

Okay Poplar... Now my phone works correctly. ;).. thanks for all help..unbeldi and you Poplar .

Contempra

Quote from: Contempra on April 22, 2015, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: poplar1 on April 22, 2015, 12:49:57 PM

Okay Poplar... Now my phone works correctly. ;).. thanks for all help..unbeldi and you Poplar .