News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got My First "Special" Phone

Started by DiaLen, September 23, 2015, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiaLen

I'm pretty new to this business of collecting phones and all my acquisitions so far have been black Western Electric phone except for a yellow 554.
I've been watching all the special phones others have been posting here and really thought a soft plastic red 500 would be a great find. Well, about 2 weeks ago I got lucky. Stumbling around on the Etsy site, I came across just such a phone. Long story short, I now have my phone.
And as a bonus, all the dates match at Sep 1956, except for the handset cord which I had to replace.
I couldn't be more pleased with my lucky purchase!
-Len  ;D
Be faithful to the commitments of your life.

jsowers

Len, it does look a lot better with the new cord and shined-up plastics. Thanks for posting these pictures. I was having, with apologies to the recently deceased Yogi Berra, "deja-vu all over again" until I found the topic with the "before" pictures, wondering if it was the same phone.  :)   Here it is, for those who want to see what it looked like when he got it. His posts are near the end.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12340.0

Red is special, and so are the rest of the colors. Even ivory and light beige. Keep on looking and you will find more.
Jonathan

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

I had a Soft Red 1956 on eBay that just ended. If you are interested make an offer before I relist it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291696342716

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

That's a great phone to add to any collection. Since you pointed out that you are fairly new to the hobby, I must say, that is a big jump in your collection, I think you need to slow down, send me the Red phone, and I'll send to a Beige phone in return. We wouldn't want you getting spoiled.
Let me know when you want me to forward my mailing address......

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson