News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Ivory 302

Started by Kenny C, June 27, 2011, 11:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Can you buy a lucite rod and cut it to the proper length?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenny C

Dont the plungers have a larger end so they dont fall out? I would need to buy two and cut the biger peice and glue it to the bottom of the other.

Where could I buy them???
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

MDK

http://www.interstateplastics.com/Natural-Pps-Rod-PPSNE.php?vid=201107252055-5p

Perhaps you could turn these in a drill or lathe to the size and shape you need.

old_phone_man

Kenny,

You have a pretty big project with this Ivory set. 

Have some fun with it. 

See how you like doing the body shell first.  Check your results and let that warrant the price you spend on some of the extras.  I have taken the cheaper Brown Cloth cords and placed on Ivory phones in the past for temporary use and found that it looks pretty good that way.  You can always paint an old set of black plungers ivory to get it up and working.  You may likely be looking at a bigger investment just finding an Ivory Handset as opposed to putting that money in on matching cloth cords.

Just my thoughts.

OPM

Kenny C

OPM,

I've certainly have my work cut out for me.

I am planning to work on the housing sometime in the next few weeks. I think I am going to follow your method of repairing it. I think I have enough skill to fix it.

I have someone with the handset and we are working on a trade or trade and cash.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

old_phone_man

Cool.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

George Knighton

Quote from: Kenny C on July 26, 2011, 08:17:40 PM

I've certainly have my work cut out for me.

I am planning to work on the housing sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm curious how this turned out, and did you finish the project, if you have time to give us the update.
Annoying new poster.