News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

662 Autodialer

Started by Phonesrfun, November 02, 2014, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I bought this 662 Autodialer key set a couple weeks ago.  There is a few decades of dust and gunk in the 41A dial, so I am carefully working on that to revive it.  The plastic gears and other parts are somewhat brittle looking, although nothing is broken.

Thank you Russ Kirk for sending me a couple of blank cards and the help over the phone on navigating through this kind of dial.  This one is a new one for me,.  I have it so it usually dials the right number  :)
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Very nice set, I've always preferred the earlier ones with the return button like you have. What kind of KSU do you have it working off?

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice phone! I can't say that I know much (if at all) about business sets, but I really like it! I can't think of a single phone Western Electric made that ever looked bad in grey.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dave F

Bill,

Congrats! 662 Card Dialer in gray is a very nice set.

FYI, the BSPs covering the 662 are 502-660-102 and 502-660-402, and the BSP for the 41A dial is 501-163-101.  And yes, the mechanical parts of the (~50-year-old) 41A are pretty fragile -- tread carefully!

DF

Phonesrfun

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 02, 2014, 09:21:49 PM
Very nice set, I've always preferred the earlier ones with the return button like you have. What kind of KSU do you have it working off?

Ben

Its a 551C KSU.  As far as the card dialer, it is pretty amazing how these things are built. I have some things to learn with this new phone. 50 years old!  (But I am older).
-Bill G

Russ Kirk

Hi Bill,  that set looks nice.  Glad I could help.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan/Panther

Bill, I always thought Ma Bell was your Daughter ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 03, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
Bill, I always thought Ma Bell was your Daughter ?

D/P

That could be.  I am (only) 63, and my granddaughter just had a baby.  Yes, I am a great-grandpa.  I called my mom to let her know that her grand-daughter is now a grand-mother.  Weird.  Hard to get my mind around.  So, my other daughter, Ma Bell, is quite a gal.
-Bill G

paul-f

Bill,

It sounds like there are a lot of fast workers in your family.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Phonesrfun

Quote from: paul-f on November 03, 2014, 03:32:53 PM
Bill,

It sounds like there are a lot of fast workers in your family.   ;)

Yep.  Not counting that, just look at all the baby Bells that Ma Bell had.  Those just kept having name changes.  :)
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

I'm in the same class with Bill. I have 2 Great Grand Kids, and My mom now 87 is a GREAT GREAT Grandmother. I was Grandpa at 39, then Great Grandpa at 58. We started early also.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson