News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Check out this Barn Find! (a Kellogg 900 Masterphone and subset)

Started by ramegoom, October 29, 2017, 07:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

To the experts here, Kellogg 900 was used on magneto, and CB some had ringers in the pone, did they all have ringers? Was it different induction coils, or just changing some wires?

Do you have links to various schematics?

dsk

https://gyazo.com/431d70436eecb54dd7c7f1a564a020ed

dsk

If you post the schematics, hopefully glued in to the subset, you may get exact advice's. Since this probably are a phone used on short lines it will probably work well with a strange connection; Connect the line to the 2 battery terminals, and short the 2 line terminals. On CB manual board: Voice path should work OK, but no Ringing. To get rining a capacitor from the ringer terminal to one of the battery terminals, (not sure witch of them, you have to try) The capacitor should be a normal ringer capacitor probably rated at 1 microfarad, but test with whatever you have.

This is based on the idea of that you have a phone with noting else tan the hookswitch under the cover, and a regular Local Battery subset.

dsk

ramegoom

I think I have it working correctly. Added a small 3 volt DC supply inside the switchboard and tied it into an unused pair of wires, out to the phone. Then I tied the trunk Line 1 into that connection. I have a 15 volt DC supply feeding this small module. The other supply is a ring generator that bypasses the hand crank.

When I crank the magneto on the phone, the trunk line 1 lamp lights and stays lighted. Plug the jack in, the phone is active.

Further testing will determine if it works 100%. Here's the power supply I added: