News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 Style Harvest Gold keyset phone spotted on eBay

Started by Babybearjs, March 27, 2019, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK,  heres a good question... while paging through Ebay... I was a Harvest gold 500 set... now with that color being available... did anyone back in the day ever order a 560 series phone in that color? I've never seen one, yet it would be neat to find one... wonder how much a person would get for a Harvest Gold 564, 65???
John

Key2871

I guess you mean you were looking for a harvest gold 564-??
ITT did not make one as far as I remember reading in my manuals on ITT sets. ITT made ash, brown , black, green, and few red. But I don't see harvest gold listed. And ITT/ stromberg made harvest gold.
Western did make a yellow 565/2565
But those are hard to find.
KEN

Dan/Panther

John;

Can you post a link to the auction and a photo of the listing.
Harvest Gold WE500 sets are not uncommon.
I'm not sure what model you are referring to ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Key2871

I've not ever seen a WE harvest gold set. They made them in sunshine yellow, butter yellow. But I've never seen a harvest gold. Those as far as I remember were ITT, Stromberg colors. The yellow WE made was brighter than harvest gold.
KEN

paul-f

Quote from: Key2871 on March 28, 2019, 02:59:11 PM
I've not ever seen a WE harvest gold set. They made them in sunshine yellow, butter yellow. But I've never seen a harvest gold. Those as far as I remember were ITT, Stromberg colors. The yellow WE made was brighter than harvest gold.

Excellent points Ken.

Just because an ebay auction calls it Harvest Gold, that doesn't make it so.  Many ebay sellers call anything yellow Harvest Gold. It was a popular color for just about any home appliance made in the 1970s and 80s. We still have a GE refrigerator in that color purchased in the 1970s. It refuses to die, even though pronounced dead several times by repairmen.

Years ago when collecting lists of WE color codes, we were excited to find -111 Harvest Gold. 
   http://www.paul-f.com/wecolors.htm

So far, the only use I have heard of is Comkey faceplates, not sets.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Key2871

Thanks Paul, so it was pastel yellow? I couldn't remember the name of the first yellow WE did. I know they had I think two other yellows, brighter than the first.
Edit, honestly I didn't even look at the auction, I saw the set but paid no attention to the color name.
But no it's not harvest gold.
KEN

paul-f

You're welcome, Ken.

I have trouble remembering everything, so put up some of my color notes on this page:   http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm#WE500

If you're interested in more details, there are several articles in the Singing Wires archives that discuss color names found in the BSPs and some of the "marketing names" used by different operating companies.

Dave F

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 27, 2019, 04:36:32 PM
OK,  heres a good question... while paging through Ebay... I was a Harvest gold 500 set... now with that color being available... did anyone back in the day ever order a 560 series phone in that color? I've never seen one, yet it would be neat to find one... wonder how much a person would get for a Harvest Gold 564, 65???

Don't know how this color compares to your "Harvest Gold", but here's a W.E. keyset in yellow (-56).

DF

Key2871

Wow, for as old as that set is, it looks nice. I really like the base cord being the same color, telling me it's original.
That's a good phone for a collector.
KEN

Babybearjs

you guys are too funny, no sooner do I ask about it then someone who has one want to sell it... OK, whos the wiseone who wants the $100.00??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/western-electric-AT-T-telephone-HARVEST-GOLD-2565HKM-modular/123711182606
( dead link 01-21-22 )
John

paul-f

From the ITT 1978 Telephone Guide, Harvest Gold (new color) was not a keyset color. (It's worth looking for later catalogs.)

15 White is not in the 1978 general color chart below.

Key2871

Thats a Western, and its pastel yellow. Not harvest gold.
KEN