News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Technical Board - Colorful Wiring Diagrams

Started by Dennis Markham, May 23, 2010, 02:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

As you all know, Dan/Panther has been putting together some nice colorful wiring diagrams for different telephones.  I am making a "Board" especially for these diagrams.  Dan will be the Moderator.  The boards are going to be "read only" so that once a diagram is in place it is strictly for viewing and not designed for comments.  If you have a comment about a particular diagram or you see something that is incorrect, let Dan (or me) know and a correction will be made if needed.

I think that I can make a board a "child" of another.  So to start with we'll make a Western Electric and then put specific models below that.  Let's see how it works.

Comments are welcome in response to this announcement.

~Dennis

Dennis Markham

OK Gang, I'm learning about configuring the Forum as I go along.

I did not make a new "Board" but made a new Category.  There will be "Boards" under the new Category.  Had I known this was possible we could have made some new ones long ago. 

When you go to your "Home" page you will see the new category under the original Rotary Phones category.

So far I have a board titled Western Electric in that Category.  If you click on Western Electric you'll see "500 Series Telephones"...more to come.

Russ Kirk

I think that is an excellent plan and a great improvement to the forum.

This will enable users to look up information quickly and not start a new thread.

Thanks!!!

Russ......
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Thank you Russ.  I'm always open for suggestions/ideas to make life easier and more organized.

~Dennis