News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New (old) phone stand and Orange ITT

Started by Dewdrop, December 02, 2010, 07:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

Finally got one these metal phone stands (table). It was a BIG $3.00. The phone stand picture may have turned out better with a different background.

The Orange ITT was $8.50 plus shipping. It was a real dirty, non-working phone, but the housing, handset, handset cord, and dial were in good enough shape to transfer them to a working beige ITT phone I had.

Anyone else have a metal phone stand like this one or a similar version?

Debbie
Debbie

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Dewdrop

Thanks Jorge,

I've seen the phone stands on ebay and came close to bidding once. Recently I was at the local non-profit thrift store looking around and thinking man am I ever going to come across one those 50's style phone stands. Turned around and there it was. It wasn't priced yet and had to wait on one of the volunteers to price it.

The ones on ebay have been gold colored and black.

Debbie
Debbie

NorthernMan

Thats really nifty ..... it has a place to stack your firewood as well ! That must be the brightest colored phone ever made.

Dennis Markham

I like it too Debbie.  Good buy.  I always look for something like that too but so far haven't been so lucky.

HarrySmith

Very nice! I like old phone stands. I have a wood one my 5302 sits on. You can see it in the recent thread about 5302's.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

Very cool stand and a nice phone as well.  I've seen a stand or two like this over the years in antique stores, they are pretty neat. 

Greg G.

Quote from: Dewdrop on December 02, 2010, 07:02:45 PM
Finally got one these metal phone stands (table). It was a BIG $3.00. The phone stand picture may have turned out better with a different background.

The Orange ITT was $8.50 plus shipping. It was a real dirty, non-working phone, but the housing, handset, handset cord, and dial were in good enough shape to transfer them to a working beige ITT phone I had.

Anyone else have a metal phone stand like this one or a similar version?

Debbie

No, but that's not a bad idea for my cramped quarters.  Only "stand alone" phone dispay I have currently is a 40s-era phone table.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dewdrop

Brinybay,

My family has a "gossip bench" that's from the 40's. I did have it in my possession at one time and decided to take it back to my mother's house. That was about 25 years ago. BIG mistake. My brother now has it. I do have a picture of it. I've only seen one other like it. It was on Craigslist somewhere in the NORTHEAST.

Debbie
Debbie

baldopeacock

I'm glad to see this subject.   There were a lot of furniture items intended for phones back in the day (as well as built-in nooks, etc) and I would bet that quite a few folks here have some of these.  I'd love to see them all.

Doug Rose

This is a link to a wonderful Candlestick table I found this summer.....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3202.msg43711;topicseen#msg43711
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Dewdrop on December 05, 2010, 09:55:23 PM
Brinybay,

My family has a "gossip bench" that's from the 40's. I did have it in my possession at one time and decided to take it back to my mother's house. That was about 25 years ago. BIG mistake. My brother now has it. I do have a picture of it. I've only seen one other like it. It was on Craigslist somewhere in the NORTHEAST.

Debbie

They kept cropping up so much in my searches for phones that I started actually looking for one when I got tired of looking for phones, came across this one.  I think I paid $50-60 for it.  I've seen some gorgeous ones that I just don't have room for.  CL ROCKS!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e