"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric #22 Candle Stick

Started by Doug Rose, January 24, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 24, 2011, 12:38:27 PM
Very nice, Doug.  Do you think the cord is original? 
Dennis....I do think its the original cord, its a perfect match of the wire that goes into the back of the transmitter cup. Unfortunately, the receiver, although old, is not original. it should be an outside terminal receiver. I have seen older sticks with the green cords just like this. This guy really cleaned up much better than expected, it had some really bad tarnish that I thought was permanent. This is such a cool stick.....Doug
Kidphone

Craig T

I do not know the first thing about them, but man that is one nice phone Doug. Save some of that bear for me!!  :)

ESalter

That cleaned up amazing Doug!  Like I said before, you definitely found a nice one.  I knew it looked good from seeing what it looked like when you found it, but now after seeing the pictures after you cleaned it up...  WOW.

Doug Rose

Quote from: ESalter on January 25, 2011, 07:54:26 AM
That cleaned up amazing Doug!  Like I said before, you definitely found a nice one.  I knew it looked good from seeing what it looked like when you found it, but now after seeing the pictures after you cleaned it up...  WOW.
Honestly....I surprised myself. I never thought when I bought it it would look anything like it turned out. I thought I would have to live with a few things to get a nice stick like this. I have an outside terminal receiver I could put on it, but judging from the cord tie down inside the receiver, this has been on this stick a long time....Doug
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

Doug:

It is a nice candlestick. Put the OST receiver on it to make it more authentic.

Chuck

Doug Rose

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on January 25, 2011, 02:07:33 PM
Doug:

It is a nice candlestick. Put the OST receiver on it to make it more authentic.

Chuck
Chuck...I'm debating it, I just have a thing about trying to keep them as I found them, especially one this nice....thanks for your input....Doug
Kidphone

Vern P

Doug,
I gave you my 2 cents in my post the other day, but with my toy computer, I can't see what you have done. As when to many photos are added to these threads, I can't load them up, or reply to them also.

But again CONGRATS on a great find.

Vern P

PS I have a shaft for a #22, that has been brassed out. Not sure about the un-marked base. if any one need one.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Vern P on January 26, 2011, 03:35:44 AM

Doug,
I gave you my 2 cents in my post the other day, but with my toy computer, I can't see what you have done. As when to many photos are added to these threads, I can't load them up, or reply to them also.

But again CONGRATS on a great find.

Vern P

PS I have a shaft for a #22, that has been brassed out. Not sure about the un-marked base. if any one need one.
thanks Vern...I appreciate it.....Doug
Kidphone