News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

earthquake Here 60 miles Away.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 04, 2010, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

We just had a very bad earthquake here, Richter scale upped to 7.2 from earlier 6.9. One radio rocked a lot, and phones bounced on shelves. All O.K. Here.
Of all natural disasters, I much prefer Earthquake, Before you realize it, it's over.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

I am talking to Colin Chambers on the phone and he says the same thing.  Cover that 500!
-Bill G

foots

Dan/P, glad you and your collections are ok. It seems there is no place in this country free from some type of natural disasters. I think I'll stick to the hurricanes.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

Glad all is well there!  We get tornadoes and floods here.  Our house doesn't flood, but I was driving through so much water to get to work that it was pooling in my car.  Walked in chest-deep water to our other house, to mow the lawn!  Had the Wisconsin Dells ducks here evacuating people 2 years ago. 

Another funny story.  A buddy and me were parting a 68 Chevy truck (I wanted the motor for my 58 Delray, and he wanted some parts for his 68 Truck.  And we had driven by the national guard so many times they just waved us through.  I came home myself one day, not in his 68 truck and got stopped.  The guard looked at me and said "You're the car guy! Go ahead!!"  Not that I was un-noticable in my former Chicago Checker Cab LOL.
- Tom

McHeath

Fun story Tom. :D

I'm California born and raised, but did a stint in Texas about 20 years ago and they have tornados and floods as well.  Hurricanes on the Gulf would have an impact as well.  Every so often a town would get hit real hard, a good number of injuries and some deaths, it was pretty scary for me. 

I'd rather take our earthquakes which happen very rarely, in my lifetime only about 204 people have died in quakes here, probably mostly due to the building codes being so strict. 

AET

Well, we're under water today.  The lot and streets near the plant were flooded when I left, The Dewitt St. Viaduct was shut down, as well as most of the main roads, as they were all well under water.  The joys of living in a town built on a swamp between the Fox and Wisconsin Rivers.
- Tom