News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE dial wiring

Started by mark9564, January 17, 2015, 10:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark9564

Could someone tell me what wires from the dial go to the block numbers 1 thru 6?

Fordtrucksforever

Is that an AE21 wall phone? Or a better question, what phone is that?

dsk

With so little information, I would have designed my own schematics, maybe like this:

unbeldi

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13500.msg141143#msg141143

As stated earlier, this dial is compatible with a Western Electric dial,  4H, 5H.  It was made to be compatible and has the same terminals.

In order to decide which terminals to wire on that connecting block, you need to determine original phone type that the housing came from, and look up how the terminal block was used there.  Alternately, you have to trace the wires in this phone and draw a diagram and then use the terminals as needed to make make working phone.  Seems like this is the most straight-forward path anyways, since almost all components on this phone are from WECo, almost all wires are disconnected already,  and the original diagram may be of little help.

poplar1

Dsk, it appears that the receiver would be shorted out when the dial is at rest, according to your diagram.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dsk

Oops!
You are right, then it could be something like this.
That will probably exclude the idea about; has been used in Europe.
dsk