News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lamp Phone Atrocities!

Started by Greg G., May 06, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

You're right Doug, it does look great from the front.  Put a dial card retainer ring and nice dial card and it would look nice on the shelf......after the lamp shift is removed.

Phonesrfun

Why is it that when phones got old, they turned into lamps?   Why don't we turn all those computers that get thrown away every day into lamps?

Why didn't they turn adding machines or electric waffle irons into lamps?  It was only telephones.  Why not have a TV or radio lamp?  Or an electric iron lamp?  Only telephones.  Very strange.

-Bill
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

Maybe we should retaliate by starting a movement to convert old lamps into telephones ;D

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 16, 2010, 02:56:24 PM
Maybe we should retaliate by starting a movement to convert old lamps into telephones ;D

Larry....reminds me of a funny story. I have some old copper & brass fire extinguishers that I have made into lamps. You think shining up a brass candlestick is hard work! My friends Dad is a machinist and he drilled the holes for me. My friend's son asked him what Grampa was doing and then he asked his Dad, "is Doug going to make lamps into fire extinguishers next?" He was just a little guy then, but it still makes me smile.....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

You'd better not tell that story on a fire extinquisher collecting bulletin board!   ;D

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I have a parking meter that was made into a lamp.  When a coin is inserted the light comes on....depending on how much money was put in when the flag pops up the light goes off.  Just like the electric company.....one doesn't pay, one gets no light!

JorgeAmely

You might as well kiss it good bye. It is too far gone to try to rescue it.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Jorge

Craig T

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 16, 2010, 03:50:47 PM
I have a parking meter that was made into a lamp.  When a coin is inserted the light comes on....depending on how much money was put in when the flag pops up the light goes off.  Just like the electric company.....one doesn't pay, one gets no light!

I love it, I would make that the only light in the room.... anyone got a quarter? :D

McHeath

I've joked with a friend that his company, always downsizing and economizing, ought to put payphones on their desks to recoup costs.  They could also put meters in the parking lot, pay locks in the bathrooms on the stalls, and coin feeds on the thermostats and lights.   ;)

"Anyone got a quarter?  It's freezing in here!!"

It's pretty tragic that such a rare phone was ruined and turned into a lamp.  Wonder if anyone is ever going to make iPhones into lamps?  And how come we don't turn old computers, old TVs and old cars into lamps???

stub

Hi,
     I don't know why it needed to be made into a lamp? If it had the correct handset it  would still be working. It's a AE - 32A14 Handset desk telephone with the wrong handset. The correct handset has the induction coil receiver in it, I just happen to have one in my greedy little hands, and they work great today.
     Oldphoneworks likes the one they have with no clapper on the ringer, 599.99
    Maybe it can be fixed by the right person. I'll let ya'll know when I get it home!!!!!!!!  I can finish 2 phones now instead of one!!!  
         Doug , shhhhhhh, your killing me there, made me a nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs , ha ,ha !   Later   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Quote from: stub1953 on February 16, 2010, 11:56:31 PM
Hi,
     I don't know why it needed to be made into a lamp? If it had the correct handset it  would still be working. It's a AE - 32A14 Handset desk telephone with the wrong handset. The correct handset has the induction coil receiver in it, I just happen to have one in my greedy little hands, and they work great today.
     Oldphoneworks likes the one they have with no clapper on the ringer, 599.99
    Maybe it can be fixed by the right person. I'll let ya'll know when I get it home!!!!!!!!  I can finish 2 phones now instead of one!!!  
         Doug , shhhhhhh, your killing me there, made me a nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs , ha ,ha !   Later   stub
Sorry Stub....were you the winner of this? Long Tall Cat is a great song by Loggins and Messina. Ya...I'm old....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug, Yeah I got it . It's a hard phone to find , cheap that is! I 'll look at the base on  it and see what I can do with it. I have the correct handset for it !
            I did get them to remove the light shaft for shipping. All in all I thinkit will be nice when I get done!  I know the o l d part!!!!!!!!!!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub....it looks great from the front. If you have the proper handset and some parts, you can pull it off. $100 for this really was a steal, as you know, this is not an easy phone to find. You can turn around and sell the existing handset for $50 and really cut your cost. Pictures when you done.....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
          This one phone will finish 2!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub...very cool....show us when you are finished....Doug
Kidphone