News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"New" Vacuum, Royal 880

Started by AL_as_needed, March 10, 2019, 04:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

For several years I have been using a Hoover bag-less upright for cleaning duty. It worked very well with the carpets and the hand tools are quite convenient. About a month ago it was having regular issues with it's carpet brush after running for a few minutes, causing the brush and brush motor to stop altogether. Naturally fixing it was more involved than buying a new vacuum....but who said it had to be "new"?

In classic collector spirit, it was off  to ebay and a week later a near mint Royal 880 arrived at my door. Once the new belt was installed for the brush, it was off to the races. This thing is like a tank! It pulls the rug up off the floor as it goes over it and reward the user with a nice metallic ring when it finds nice hidden bits about the room.
TWinbrook7

19and41

That's quite a piece of artillery!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

andre_janew

Too bad you don't have a picture of it!

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Modern vacs just don't hold a candle to well-designed traditional vacs, one of my past collecting obsessions was vacuum cleaners, mostly Kirbys, I love the simplicity of the designs, the longevity of them, and of course the ease of repair... :)

AL_as_needed

I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance, finally found a way to display all my phones aka bought a house. Amazing to see how much stuff you have when you need to pack it, load it into a truck, unload it, (loose it for a few weeks), and try to find new spots for it all.... Should have sold it all and moved into a Yurt!  ::)
TWinbrook7