News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Home made electronic 1A2 unit

Started by Owain, March 27, 2018, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

For people interested in 1A2, this chap has designed and made a single-board 1A2 control unit

https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/615644/all/chaining-66-blocks-with-amp-connectors

"Basically does what a 511a KSU does, but small, light, and with some added features. Makes it "easy" to hook up a bunch of 1a2 phones for use with the usual features (Hold, call transfer, lamps, intercom, bells, buzzers, programmable ringing). Just add a 12v supply, some 1a2 phones, and some US style POTS compatible lines."

twocvbloke

That's quite impressive, if they decided to manufacture them, it could even allow us brits who have at least one 1A2 phone to use it properly... :)

oldguy

Gary

Owain

I'd like a HES 2 and HES 4 equivalent ... HES 2 and HES 4 interworking would be even more of an achievement!

oldguy

What is "HES"? (as in HES2/HES4).
Gary

Owain

Quote from: oldguy on March 28, 2018, 05:25:37 PM
What is "HES"? (as in HES2/HES4).

House Exchange System.  Max size 2 lines and 10 (optionally 11) extensions. Above that size, a PMBX would be used until Key and Lamp units were introduced in the 1960s.

http://www.britishtelephones.com/menuhes.htm

HES1 and HES2 run on 12-24 volts, HES3 and HES4 run on 50 volts.

twocvbloke

Quote from: Owain on March 28, 2018, 01:08:55 PM
I'd like a HES 2 and HES 4 equivalent ... HES 2 and HES 4 interworking would be even more of an achievement!

Having put my Plan 107A phones together and sort of working (relay issue in the N625), all I can say is, you're absolutely crazy... ;D

Owain

I said I'd like, not that I was volunteering to do it!

twocvbloke

Quote from: Owain on March 29, 2018, 05:01:52 AM
I said I'd like, not that I was volunteering to do it!

Ah go on!!!  ;D

(Hmm, I sounded like Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted then...)

oldguy

Gary