News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

western electric C/D 500 yellow 9/55

Started by mark9564, March 07, 2015, 01:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark9564

I have a WE C/D 500 dated 9/55. Is this phone something special or run of the mill. I noticed same phone dated 12/55 went for over $500 . Just curious what the difference is?

WesternElectricBen

As long is it is dates matching and originally colored yellow it could be just as valuable as the other phone. Although, I think that $500 is far to much money for a yellow phone. I'd like to see a picture of it, still.

Ben 

baldopeacock

Soft plastic yellow is one of the harder colors to find, and yours has the original dark gray handset cord too.   That's a good one and should bring good money.   More pics = more interest....  from what I can see in the photos it's in very nice condition.   The more of that you show, the better for you.

WEBellSystemChristian

That phone is what us 500 collectors call "drool-worthy"! :D
A seemingly all-original yellow 500 from the fifties (especially as early as '55) should bring quite a bit of money, but it would be better to start it off low, and get a lot of pictures of all of the dates, especially plastics dates!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

mark9564

Added more pictures.  Funny thing is this phone was in the lot of phones I got recently and was in the free or trash pile. Glad I grabbed it.

baldopeacock

Quote from: mark9564 on March 07, 2015, 02:26:50 PM
Funny thing is this phone was in the lot of phones I got recently and was in the free or trash pile. Glad I grabbed it.

You and the guy who rescued the aqua Mushroom phone from the trash after the company "white elephant" party not long ago.

persido

White elephant party, never heard this term, what is it?

Scot

persido

Ok I see, hear in New England it's called a Yankee Swap.

Scot