News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum Milestone on the Horizon - Member 1000

Started by Jester, September 24, 2012, 12:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

I thought it appropriate to point out, just two weeks past our fourth birthday, that member 999 signed up today.  This is tremendous, having taken a little more than four years to grow this much.  I certainly understand the draw.  This has stayed a great place to discuss a hobby we all enjoy.  A big thankyou to our administrator, moderators and all our active members for making this forum what it is.  And a big welcome to Sal, member 999.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

It happened tonight.  I just approved member number 1,000.  Username:xhausted.  Welcome xhausted to Classic Rotary Phones Forum! 

Thank you to everyone that makes this a nice place to check in and talk about our hobby!

HarrySmith

WOW! Congrats!

I still believe this forum is the best place for phone collectors. The members here are the most helpful, friendliest anywhere. I am still a member of both phone clubs and on the email lists for them, there are a great number of members with a vast knowledge of everything to do with telephone commmunications. Most are fairly nice guys, some of them are here also, but there are a few who seem to be really intolerant of newcomers and often reply with a rather harsh rebuff to a simple question. When I was new I was lucky to hook up with a couple of knowledgeable members who were willing to answer all my stupid questions off list, thereby avoiding ridicule. Steve Hilz, who sold me my first 500 as a parts phone for $5, which I restored, our own Adam F. and Terry (A E Collector) who was very helpful amoung others.

Thanks to Dennis in particular and everyone here in keeping this forum going and keeping it friendly!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 24, 2012, 07:16:57 PM
I just approved member number 1,000.  Username:xhausted. 

Dennis:  I am surprised you didn't tell xhausted that ...um...errr, sorry, that handle is already taken and then quickly make it your own after the 1,000,000 new member requests that you have had to send packing!

Harry:  Gee, thanks...that was nice of you to say.

Terry

McHeath

Wow, a thousand legit members.  (Dennis weeds out the endless flow of spammers, otherwise we'd have 4 gazillion members)  I remember never thinking we'd hit a hundred, I mean, who on Earth is interested in rotary phones!! ::)

Maybe you ought to let all those spammers in Dennis, then we'd have tons of political clout because we could say that, "Ahem, we are the rotary phone forum, last count 4 gazillion active members, and we think that rotary phones clearly need to be given more respect!"  All the press would be beating down a path to our door on all things phone related:

"We asked the 4 gazillion members the Classic Rotary Phone Forum, the largest known forum on the planet Earth, and quite possibly in the Milky Way Galaxy, what they thought of the new iPhone 5 and they had this to say...  Apple engineers are reportedly implementing the forums suggested changes immediately, given the ginourmous leverage that Classic Rotary Phone Forum wields with it's incredibly large membership.  As we went to press UN delegates were polling the forum on how to solve world peace, Chinese government officials were seeking input on improving worker conditions, and the entire South American continent was asking for advice on who will win the World Cup."

We could be contenders!   ;D ;D

AE_Collector

Na, let's keep Dennis busy and keep things as is.

Terry

HowardPgh

This is a wonderful forum, I check into it everyday.
Since I'm interested all things old and electronic in nature, I find this phone forum to be one of the more relevent things in my life. I eally learn a lot here.
Howardpgh
Howard