News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This should be interesting.

Started by Greg G., July 18, 2010, 01:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Sorry just to clarify, its was a rented alternative to a POTS PBX system, legend has it they were custom built (well the switching and the wooden cabinets) to spec for the job.

On the end of the contract the wooden cabinets were scrapped and maybe the switching refurbed, so pretty unique for their purpose/installation.

Its fairly amazing so many pieces survive, but the nice ones do look very attractive so maybe that explains it.

Watch most any UK TV show from the 60's and you'll see a Dictograph for calling the secretary etc alongside a standard GPO outside line phone (or 3).

Real executive desk sets!

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Russ Kirk

WOW!

I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat.

Even though is is NOT a rotary phone......

Russ....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

gpo706

BB search the forum for my bunch of junk!

Here's one of the few links I found:

http://www.bobsoldphones.net/Pages/Dictograph/Dictograph.htm
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Greg G.

Quote from: gpo706 on July 21, 2010, 09:49:55 PM

A nice looking kit like that shoud get a few hundred bucks on ebay for the right buyer. I've seen similar vintage Dictographs go for that over here.

It's out of my range then, unless he wants to give it away.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jim Stettler

I use to buy compact wood phones for $40-$80. and the little wood intercoms used to go for $30-$50. They are usually worth more as parts.

I would be interested in the little wood w/ watchcase rec and large mouthpiece
The other intercoms are worth getting if they are cheap enough.

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bwanna

greg, that looks like a good pile of stuff. is the guy wanting to off the whole lot together or piece out? if he isn't throwing out a $$ figure, offer an amount you would be comfortable spending. he'll either say yes or no. personally i don't like it when a seller doesn't want to give a price.
donna

Greg G.

Quote from: bwanna on July 22, 2010, 11:07:23 PM
greg, that looks like a good pile of stuff. is the guy wanting to off the whole lot together or piece out? if he isn't throwing out a $$ figure, offer an amount you would be comfortable spending. he'll either say yes or no. personally i don't like it when a seller doesn't want to give a price.

That thought crossed my mind too, make an offer for the whole lot.  Worst he can do is say no.  He didn't give a price because I didn't ask him.  I didn't ask him because I thought I wasn't interested.  But now you've sweet-talked me into it.   ;)
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e