"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stan's New payphone controller

Started by Payphone installer, February 08, 2019, 08:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payphone installer

Stan's latest version of his Payphone Controller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Third-Generation-Antique-Payphone-Coin-Controller/303054726893

?rhash=item468f7826ed:g:wXoAAOSwwkNcWzTZ

Seller Description:  "The latest version antique payphone coin controller. -- This new controller was specifically designed to operate WIRELESSLY with an XLink Model BT Bluetooth Cellular Gateway. -- When used with an XLink paired to your cell phone this controller detects the number you dialed answered, then the controller switches from coin return to coin collect. -- If you don't own or want to use a cell phone or an XLink you can plug the controller directly into a phone line. -- When directly connected to a phone line the internal timer of the controller switches it from coin return to coin collect 70 seconds after the initial deposit was made. In other words coin collection is not a result of the dialed number actually answering."

robert_m

Yeap i already ran it up to 290 not going more than that as the last two from stan were not that price.  Suspect thats why now its auction instead of BIN, the other tweo I got from him years ago were BIN. One died suspect due to powersurge, started smoking so had to junk it.

Payphone installer

This is the new model which has a switch to work two different ways. If you put the switch in position 2 it works on office supervision. You can hook it up to a Xlink, marry it to your cell phone,change the setting in the Xlink to broadcast  reverse battery on a answer which it can do. The new controller will read the reverse battery and collect the coin or return it based on a ring no answer,busy signal, SIC tone or answer. It doesn't get any better then that.

dsk

The European adapter fits only really old standard outlets, but that was noting he cared for:

Not a problem.
Either foreign buyers will have to get an adapter for the power supply or if things get to complicated for me I'll only sell to bidders in the United States.
Problem solved.

I guess this is just a sale, and no caring for how it turns out. 

Be careful!

dsk

robert_m

Well this is interesting, I wounder if this new mode would work on OOMA, as its my understanding their devices do send cpc signals.  Wish I had one to test, as that would be a nice game changer, the i could justify spending more.

Robert ATCA 4798

Bob S

That is way to cool I am watching it to. I hope he puts more on eBay with a buy it know price. I would defiantly buy one.

robert_m

Yea, was disappointed its not BIN myself as last two i got v1 and v2 were BIN. Not auction, guess he wants to gauge the max they will sell for.

Butch Harlow

Quote from: Payphone installer on February 09, 2019, 08:14:41 AM
This is the new model which has a switch to work two different ways. If you put the switch in position 2 it works on office supervision. You can hook it up to a Xlink, marry it to your cell phone,change the setting in the Xlink to broadcast  reverse battery on a answer which it can do. The new controller will read the reverse battery and collect the coin or return it based on a ring no answer,busy signal, SIC tone or answer. It doesn't get any better then that.

Ok, I get it. Reading Stan's description of it, it has to be married to the XLink in order work on "office supervision." Otherwise, if you just plug it into a POTS or VoIP line it is like version 2 where it switches to collect after 70 seconds. I have been meaning to get an XLink for some time now because I want old phones to rotate into service in my office at work. I will have to keep this in mind. I sold my version 2 spare to a friend and have regretted it the whole time.
Butch Harlow