News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green North Wall telephone N 561?

Started by Daniel B., November 30, 2021, 11:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel B.

Thanks David. I will take in consideration your advice for the handset. I progressed in my research about this kellogg handset who come with this phone.  I will post some photos for you soon and I will add more infos about this phone by the same time...I hope to be able to do it this week end... I received my 3rd shoot of the covid vaccin and I have some side effects....For now, I don't feel good and I really need to return to sleep.

See you soon
Daniel B.

HarrySmith

What kind of dial is in it? Is it a Kellogg dial as well?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

It definitely looks like a North dial to me.

Larry

Daniel B.

It's a 7B North dial...original to this phone. I found a new original North card in my overstock...I prefer this original card on this North dial.

Almost all the parts on this phone have matching fabrication date....only the ringer have been made few years after:

Metal base: 9/62
Network: 10/30/61
Dial: 4/62
Transmitter: 4/62
Receiver: 5/62
Ringer: 8/69

Daniel B.

I cleaned the shell and the handset...I still have to clean the finger wheel and the number plate. You can view the color difference...more yellowing.... The chrome cradle and the base look like new.

Daniel B.

Some pictures of is frequency ringer and the chrome cradle.

Daniel B.

Daniel B.

The moss green, color code 051 Kellogg handset match perfectly but I really like the look of a Black North handset on this phone. I found a North Brochure photo of this phone model...no green phone but a desirable blue wall phone.

Daniel B.

MMikeJBenN27

Daniel B.

Thanks Mike....It's good to be fortunate sometime...maybe the rarest phone that I have ...So happy!

Tonight, I finished the cleaning of the dial parts and I also cleaned a black North handset from my spare parts. I took some photos to see  what could look like this phone with this North black handset and the green cord....I think is look not too bad? I will reassembly the phone tomorrow....I have to choose between the green Kellogg handset or the black North handset? Maybe a collector have a spare moss green North handset for me? For that, I think I will really need a miracle...those North color phones are already rare so a green North handset alone is scarce....This phone should be on my display wall soon. I can't wait! :P

Daniel B.

MMikeJBenN27

I bought a black North 561 off of E-Bay.  Waiting for it now.  I have plenty of spare ringers if it has a frequency ringer in it.

Daniel B.

You will like for sure.  ;)  I also bough a other black 561 just before you bought your phone...maybe from the same seller than you....I already received it....this black 561 is perfect...just need a good cleaning.

Daniel B.

david@london

Daniel -

I had not realized that the North handset of that era was of such a different design from the Kellogg. I'm sure whichever handset you adopt - the Kellogg or a painted North handset - it'll look great.

Thanks for posting the North handset's logo ....all new info to me. Cheers.

MMikeJBenN27

From the mid 50s on, Kellogg handsets were the same as Western Electric handsets, except for the earliest G handsets.  Those earliest ones had a round-section handle, then progressed to a new design that was like a Western Electric G model, but did not have the creases at the ends, then became identical to Western Electric.

Mike

MMikeJBenN27

Yes, it is from the same seller - Taylorea.

Mike

Daniel B.

I reinstalled the Kellogg handset for now, Maybe one day I will find a North green handset if I'm really fortunate...I also installed the dial and the ringer. The restoration project of this phone is now completed. This rare North color phone are now with my other phones on my hall of fame wall. Thanks to all members for your constructive comments. It's really appreciate.

Daniel B.