News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

211 handset issueI

Started by Conrad, July 04, 2013, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad

I recently acquired another 211 Model G-7 space saver equipped with what I believe to be a 6J dial.

The hand set is a ITT 4 wire handset. No further description.

Upon opening the dial compartment, one of the two white handset wires is  connected to the BL terminal on the dial and the 2nd white wire is connected along with the red handset wire to the R terminal on the line switch. The black hand set wire is connected to the B on the line switch. In addition, the G terminal on the dial is connected to the BK on the line switch. The W terminal on the dial is connected to the W on the line switch. Also another wire in addition to the white handset wire is connected to the Bl terminal on the dial which is connected to the Bl on the line switch. Finally, there is a white jumper that is connected to the W and BB terminal within the dial

The unit is currently connected to a 425 B network and does work. The issue is the volume level of the dial tone sounds  low and distant compared to a normal level. Upon checking numerous 211 diagrams I believe the additional white  handset wire leading to the Blue terminal on the dial may be the culprit. Any suggestions?

poplar1

I think you have another dial like the one on your other 211. Try wiring the phone the same as your other working one. It may have been used with a different kind of subset before, but in any case you are right; the white receiver wire does not go to BL on the dial.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Conrad

David,
I followed your advice.  Reconnected the white receiver wire to the "W" dial terminal. Connected the BB on the dial to the "W" on the line switch. The 2nd white receiver wire was connected to the "R" terminal on the switch. The Black receiver wire was connected to the "B" terminal on the switch. Working great. Now 2 for 2. Thanks again.