and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

102 Questions

Started by Sargeguy, February 12, 2009, 07:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I just won this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280311296354

Can a 202 plunger be used on a 102?  Are they basically the same phone except for a wider base on the 102?  Also, what about that green 202 base?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Steve

I cant answer your question , but that's a great score. sounds like you wanted the 102. if you want to part with the 202 let me know :)
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

bingster

The cradles are identical from B to D, so the plungers should be interchangeable, too.  Going by photos, the hardware attached to the bottoms of the plungers looks the same, too.

As for the green base, I think the color's too dark, and too green, to be original.  No biggie, though.  Oldphoneworks has a base plate for the 102 for $35, but you may be able to get one cheaper from one of the other parts suppliers.

Still, I think that's a good price for the two bases. 
= DARRIN =

Sargeguy

The 102 base is included apparently.  I have a plunger I can use.  Steve I have 202 bases available if you need one.  PM me.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Sargeguy

The 102 base arrived today and I am glad to say the plunger from he 202 fits perfectly.  Unfortunately the parts on the bottom of the plunger are different than those used on a 202-and they are missing!  Oldphoneworks has two versions of the part, a "hookswitch actuator" for $39.95.  Another problem is that the plunger and spring fall through the shaft.  There is nothing to retain the spring as there is on my 202s.  I think there is a washer inside the shaft that does this.  HAs anyone ever taken one of these shafts?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409