"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

It Came!!!!!!!!

Started by Bill Cahill, February 21, 2009, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

My yellow 1964 Western Electric model 554 wall phone has arrived!!!!!  ;D
It has all matching numbers... The dates are all from 9-'64.
I did some case cleaning, but, it needs minor polishing. It has light scratches. I already tried it, and, it works great!!!  ;D

It's all hard wired, and, has a grey cord leading to a modular plug.
Here are some pictures of it.......
Bill Cahill  :D :) ;) ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Steve

Looking good Bill. seems like it will fit right in.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Bill Cahill

Indeed, it will. While it is not acqua, remember, I wanted the color my mother first put in our kitchen.  This phone has obviously had a very good life.
Even the rubber gaskets are still alive.
No cracks, no chips.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

That's a nice phone!  I have many a fond memory of the 554, we had two of them forever and ever.  An ivory one in the kitchen and a black one in the garage.  I recall racing for that garage phone from being way out back, out of breath when you get there, ah those were the days.  Now I rarely even bother to answer it cuz' it's usually junk sales.

HobieSport

Good work Bill!  I'm really glad that you have that phone.  Yellow '64 554, just like your Moms'. :)

benhutcherson

Very nice-I'm glad that you found what you're looking for.

Dan/Panther

Congratulation on getting that memory into your hands.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

And, I have the member to thank that did the posting with the links to the phones on ebay. ;D
Bill Cahill

Sargeguy

And it hasn't been notched!!!  Cool!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Is the phone Yellow, or Harvest Gold, it looks Harvest on the posts ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Looks sweet. I am partial to the soft centered finger dials.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

Yer right. Lousy pix look like harvest gold. It's not. It's yellow.
BC

AET

Congratulations!  that phone is a beautiful find!
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Thank you. Only problem is at night, even in a lighted room, it looks like harvest gold, when in real life it's bright yellow.
I mounted it on the wall this morning, but, am having anchor problems. So, later, I'll work on it more.
Bill Cahill  ;D