News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Lamp Collectors

Started by paul-f, November 19, 2013, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Every now and then, having a web site produces some interesting incoming emails.

Here's the text from a recent message from a telephone lamp collector:

I stumbled upon a web page http://paul-f.com/Lamps.html you have of phones converted into lamps and wondered if perhaps you might help me locate source a part for me.  I have an old "candlestick" phone that was converted into a lamp but in handling it the part that goes from the bulb socket into the phone's base broke since it was made of pot metal.  I'm wondering if you know a source where I could get a replacement piece.   The lamp that I'm referring to  is the first one in the second group of pictures you have with the brass candlestick phone.  Any help or direction you could help me with would of course be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

This is the first time I recall being asked for parts to repair the lamp part of a phone lamp, rather than looking for parts to convert it back to a phone.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Phonesrfun

Quote from: paul-f on November 19, 2013, 03:39:46 PM

This is the first time I recall being asked for parts to repair the lamp part of a phone lamp, rather than looking for parts to convert it back to a phone.

Good one.  Maybe he should stick his finger in the socket to see if there is still juice coming through.  He might try Home Depot.  :)

-Bill G

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

At that point in the phone's life, I'd think the appropriate fix would be a generous amount of Duct Tape  :D