News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fatboy

Started by Gilas, December 16, 2013, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I recently found this SC Fatboy on eBay and grabbed it for a BIN of $24.99. Got it today and it's in great shape just needs a cap for the transmitter side if the receiver. Anyone happen to have a spare for sale? 

Mike

HarrySmith

I do not have your part but.........
I am just finishing the restoration of one of these. Great looking phones! Yours has an AE dial card but does not look like an AE dial? Mine came with an AE in it. From what I understand SC shipped them without dials and they were installed by the TELCO. The wiring diagram gives options for different dials! Good luck with the cap.

On second thought I purchased 4 handsets off ebay a while back to get an E1 I needed, the other 3 were not WE, they may be SC, let me dig them out and I will let you know in the next couple of days.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

Unfortunately, finding replacement spit cups and rings for those handsets is not so easy.  The bakelite ring which holds the spitcap is very fragile, and many have broken, leaving the spit cup to go lost.  Replacing the handset with the later type is probably not an easy option because the plunger is probably not long enough for the handset to push down far enough.  My 1212 has the later type handset and a long plunger.

Larry