News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Citesa Malaga Phone

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 03, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I got this phone a week ago and finally finished reassembling it.  It cost me a total of $34.  The shell and handset had numerous deep scratches and gouges, so I did alot of sanding, and the surface now is quite scratchy.  I sanded with Micro Mesh until my hands and arms hurt, and I just cannot make the plastic look good, so I have settled for what it is.  Also, the finger wheel has cracks in it, but I doubt that I will find a replacement.

The phone works very well and seems to be well made.  There are some dates from 1969 inside, so I will assume that the phone was made in 1969.  The styling is somewhat similar to the German and Australian phones from the same period.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

Transmitter and receiver elements.

LM Ericsson

Very beautiful Heraldo telephone! I have one of these in gray. I believe black is rare on the Heraldo.
Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

I didn't realize that black was a rare color for these.  I just noticed the page:link on which someone mentions a supposedly common phrase: "eres más raro que un Heraldo negro" ("You are rarer than a black Heraldo").  I thought that black was boring.

I also just discovered that a plastic finger wheel from a WE #9 dial fits perfectly on this dial.  Whoever made these dials apparently copied part of the design.  I will have to look for a spare WE finger wheel in good condition.  It shouldn't be much of a challenge to find one.

Larry

Spanish_phones

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 03, 2014, 04:54:14 PM
I didn't realize that black was a rare color for these.  I just noticed the page:link on which someone mentions a supposedly common phrase: "eres más raro que un Heraldo negro" ("You are rarer than a black Heraldo").  I thought that black was boring.

I also just discovered that a plastic finger wheel from a WE #9 dial fits perfectly on this dial.  Whoever made these dials apparently copied part of the design.  I will have to look for a spare WE finger wheel in good condition.  It shouldn't be much of a challenge to find one.

Larry

Exactly! As you already know, I live in Spain and I know that only a few heraldos were made in black, this is the second time I see one, yours! I beg you to preserve it well ;)

And yes, the new clear WE fingerwheel is exactly the same as Heraldo fingerwheel, as both were part of international ITT

Congratulations for your Heraldo!!!

Matilo Telephones

Hmmm, I was going to suggest that maybe a German fingerwheel may fit. These are easy to get.

Doesn´t the Spanish fingerwheel have Spanish markings on it?

Funny that the black version is so rare. Our local standard Phone, the t65, also has a black version that is extremely rare. Collectors pay hundreds of euros for it.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Spanish_phones

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on February 03, 2014, 05:43:49 PM
Hmmm, I was going to suggest that maybe a German fingerwheel may fit. These are easy to get.

Doesn´t the Spanish fingerwheel have Spanish markings on it?

Funny that the black version is so rare. Our local standard Phone, the t65, also has a black version that is extremely rare. Collectors pay hundreds of euros for it.

Not a mark on Spanish fingerwheels, as I said, is exactly the same as a WE or ITT fingerwheel

LarryInMichigan

The finger wheel is clear.  It is almost exactly the same as a WE, but it is about 2 mm larger in diameter.  To me, the WE finger wheel looks very slightly small on the phone, but overall it looks much better than the original one with cracks.

If someone would offer me hundreds of euros for this phone, I might consider parting with it.

Larry