"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Opening Day 5/9/17

Started by Doug Rose, May 08, 2017, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 09, 2017, 06:04:26 PM
Jan and got there at 7:30 AM and left at 3:30 PM, 8 hour of walking. Stellar day!! 14 really nice phones, 4 sticks,  AE 50, AE35....yes a 35 in like new condition, a WE130 Donut phone and what looks to be BRASS 302. It has WE H1 stamp on it.  Look at it, it has brass showing thru everywhere. I have not opened it but  looks interesting.  Time for a shower! ::)
Holy crap!  I usually SEE that many phones too, but I don't come home with them!  Just curious Doug; what are the average prices out there at Brimfield? I don't usually pick up the more common stuff unless it's "dirt-cheap". Did she get a bunch of them from 1 vendor or were they scattered thru out?
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Five phone from one vendor, three from another and  the rest were onesies. Quick inspection by me everything looks decent.  Brimfield is as an antique show. So you see a beat up black WE Stick from a basement for $400. Professionals with perfectly painted phones and great restores at super high prices.

Then you have the people in the lots who come for one day and want to sell it as they just want it gone.

Example Jan got the two AE 40 s for $35 for both with chrome bands. One has a brown cloth bottom, which I have never seen, I have seen black cloth but never brown.

Total of the phones was $330 which I was think was a steal. All paid for with CL profits, no money out of our pocket. Jan called me at work and sent me pics. Often! She bought some on her own as she is getting knowledgeable on what's what.

In the beginning she would call me from a flea market. "I have a phone, it is Black." Now it's " I have a 202: yes I am certain the base is oval" She good!

7 hours of walking and had dinner on the table at 5pm, I think I will keep her.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on May 09, 2018, 03:32:05 AM
Is that a Stromberg Carlson 1178 I see there - with original handset.
A super hoard - wish we had events like that in the UK.
Actually, it's probably good that we don't as I suspect top management (aka the wife) would have things to say if I turned up with that much stuff! ;D
Quote from: tubaman on May 09, 2018, 03:32:05 AM
Is that a Stromberg Carlson 1178 I see there - with original handset.
A super hoard - wish we had events like that in the UK.
Actually, it's probably good that we don't as I suspect top management (aka the wife) would have things to say if I turned up with that much stuff! ;D
She got two SCs one an intercom and one with the wrong but nice WE #4 dial. Paint looked good,on both with a quick look, better inspection ion this wee'end....Doug
Kidphone