News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray cords: Straight vs. coiled

Started by benhutcherson, December 11, 2009, 01:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Here are a few pictures of the two-tone sets I won a couple weeks ago.  The dial cards are NOS stock I got from John Huckeby.
Stephen

Jester

Here are some "family" shots of all three two-tones.
Stephen

Craig T

AET

We used to have a 57 Chevy that was turquoise and green 2 tone.  I always loved that.
- Tom

Dan

Love how the coiled cord reflects on the left side of the oxford gray in the last photo.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Great "family" of phones Stephen.  I particularly like the Ivory.  But the yellow is nice too...and I really like that Oxford Gray!............. 

Jester

Thanks for the comments, guys.  These will look GREAT in my color line. ;D
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Jester:

Great collection of very rare phones. I like the way you coil the wall cord in a circle to protect it from unnecessary bends.

Jorge

finlover

Absolutely gorgeous!!  The three colors look great together.  I'm trying not to be envious but it isn't working!!! :P

McHeath

Yeah I agree!  My only two tone is a fake that I made from a black 54' 500 and a red shell.  You're pretty lucky to have such a great collection of them. 

Dan

It's not a fake if you can assemble matching parts, is it? Kinda like saying a '57 chevy with new fenders and a new floor is a fake, right?

I have a real fake oxford grey then ::)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Trouble is that my fake two tone has everything from 1954 except the shell which is from 68'.  Of course 99% of the population can't tell, but youse folks here are another matter. :D 

Jim Stettler

Here is a 2-tone that I just recently bought from Mark Scola. It is a Kellogg.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jester

I was watching that one, Jim.  I was surprised the yellow one didn't go, too.  The only other colored Kellogg 500 I recall seeing on ebay was a full dark gray that was offered by Phoneco a few months ago.  I don't think they are very common.
Stephen

Vern P

Yes the 2 tone are great, The only one I have seen in the wild and got it, more than a few years ago.It was a Red one, it was 1956 date as I remember. I don't collect them, (were would I put them ?) and I sold the Red oneoff a few years ago.

Yes a great find and they look great too.

Vern P