News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metal North 9 41 Won't Ring

Started by Doug Rose, September 26, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is the last soldier from Brimfield. North dial works great. Conversation is loud and clear....but it won't ring. I put a WE ringer and it won't rings. One side of ringer to L2 other side of ringer to condenser on 1st position on sidebar. Nada!! Its been a long time since I worked on a North. States SL Ringer on bottom....thanks,.....Doug
Kidphone

RB

HarrySmith

Nice looking phone! Looks good naked!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Can't help re the ring, but you turned it into a Shiny? I like. Another nice result.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Thanks....I am pleased with the the result....not like Teleplay John....but okay. Its a tad rusty inside, especially the screws.  I only tried a WE ringer to elimate the North ringer. A phone this old should NOT have mixed parts even though North used WE parts.

No idea if the condenser is the culprit. I do not have one to replace.

That being said, I thought I used to strap something to pos 8 where ground went from the line cord...but I can't remember. One side of the ringer is on L2, so I'll try strapping pos 8 to L1. 

Finally stopped raining and the sun is "kinda" out.  Beer on the porch.

Torn muscle on the new hip seems good, so back to work on Monday with the Surgeons blessing tomorrow. I think I'd go anyway. No more phones to fix....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

The last thing I need is another North Telephone.... My phone room is on the 2nd floor with the bedrooms so I need a heater as the room gets cooler as we keep the heat down on the second floor.

I got this heater at a yard sale for $10 a few years ago... it is fantastic really heats the room fast, energy efficient and quiet. Seller had two and I kick myself I didn't get both. They still had the labels on it!

Back to the story....I needed a phone to put on it and I had not sold the North Yet. It just looks so cool. Not all metal phones come out this nice with NO corrosion...I guess its a keeper....Doug
Kidphone