'39
2 (13.3%)
'40
1 (6.7%)
'41
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

HobieSport

I just got a nice all matching dates October 1940.  Dial still works but is a little slow, (will fix that) looks like original cords in decent shape, and the usual paint wear around the handset ears.   Am pleased. :)
If you vote and then get an older 302 you can always change your vote.

McHeath

Oops, can't vote as I don't have a 302.  Now that's a sad situation and I think I'm going to have to remedy it soon.

bingster

I can't either... I don't have a matching date 302.  I have a '41, but it had it's ringer and dial replaced in 1954.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Well someone has a 1937, and that's pretty cool.  Would love to hear about it. Number 4 dial and E-1 handset with the short hang-up buttons?  Pretty rare if so.

JimH

Quote from: HobieSport on December 01, 2008, 09:54:24 PM
Well someone has a 1937, and that's pretty cool.  Would love to hear about it. Number 4 dial and E-1 handset with the short hang-up buttons?  Pretty rare if so.
That's me...I just checked the box and forgot to brag.....It's dated 1-37, and has the short cradle ears, small plungers, E-1 handset, and vented hand grip.  The only thing is that when I got it, it was a dial-less phone.  I had a late model 4H dial I've added...I really wanted it to be a "working" telephone that I could dial and use.  I think because it was dial-less, it had very little use.  The original paint is almost perfect, and the cords are in great shape.  One of those you just display, and cringe if someone comes over, picks it up, and SLAMS it down when they hang it up...on second thought, I think I need to move it to a TOP shelf!  :o
Jim H.

McHeath

Gee that's cool, an Uber Early 302.  I saw one this weekend, dial less, made in 46' at an antique store.  They wanted 150 for it.  Ouch. 

JimH

Quote from: McHeath on December 02, 2008, 01:51:38 PM
Gee that's cool, an Uber Early 302.  I saw one this weekend, dial less, made in 46' at an antique store.  They wanted 150 for it.  Ouch. 
Yikes, well they are dreaming.  I got a NOS dial-less 302 still in the box for $75 from 1946.  The cords still have the old-fashioned string tying them up.  Now if I can just find a NOS 5H dial.....Funny how sometimes you see those cheap Japanese "French" phones from the seventies on ebay and they have a "buy-it-now" for $250.   Some people just don't know the real value, or they think they really have something.
Jim H.

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Bill Cahill

:( I'm not that lucky.
Sadly, my oldest available phone is my common '59 WE.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HobieSport

It would also be interesting to hear of the NEWEST WE302.  I'm still unclear about when the last 302s stopped being built.

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HobieSport

Wow, a '53 302!  I'm still wondering when they stopped building the 302s .  I've heard as late as 1955 but I'm confused, as I thought they switched to the 5302s before that.

bingster

= DARRIN =

BDM

My oldest 302 phone is marked 38 on both the network coil and base. Though the bell-coil and transmitter/receiver where replaced around 49. Those codes also match. The oldest matching numbers 302 I have is June of 39. On that one, the transmitter is marked a few months later, but still 39.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI