News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green Dial Blank

Started by Doug Rose, January 13, 2013, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I won a green dial blank this week on eBay. It arrived yesterday and I was disappointed as it was painted and did not match the Thermoplastic Green set I wanted to add it to. The seller is a long time collector and I feel it was an honest mkstake. With a lemon, I tried to make lemonade!

I have this never painted D1 with a Green thermoplastic handset. The dial blank isn't a perfect match, but its close! Looks much closer without a flash in a normal lit room....Doug
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

The dial blank seems to match the handset Doug.

Chuck

Doug Rose

thanks Chuck...its a tad off but I am very happy with it....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

When you see the rectangular terminal strip on the back, the dial blank is metal. The plastic ones have 3 terminals in a triangular pattern.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

I thought it was a matching thermplastic dial blank. There is no reason not to believe it was not a factory paint, but the color did not match the thermoplastic housing. I have never seen one like this before. I purchased it on eBay so I cannot answer if it is factory inventory.

Base of the phone is metal color, grayish with no tint of green. I cannot say it was never painted, but when I got it there was not a speck of paint anywhere, inside or out. When you strip a phone, with all the curves and crevices, it is tough to get it all, at least for me it is.

The green and the grey does make a nice contrast....Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

Doug, I saw it on ebay, congrats! it look awesome on your phone, The green and silver go together well!
John

unbeldi

One feature very odd is that the number insert mentions "wait for dial tone", when the phone can't dial, LOL.

twocvbloke

Quote from: unbeldi on January 14, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
One feature very odd is that the number insert mentions "wait for dial tone", when the phone can't dial, LOL.

That's when you start banging on the hookswitch shouting "Operator!!! OPERATOR!!!"... :D

Babybearjs

Interesting dial blank, the dial card still shows the exchange... is that an original or reproduction dial card? the numbers don't match the exchange name....
John

Doug Rose

it is original....why don't they match...Wakefield MA, just north of Boston
Kidphone

poplar1

Name in all caps (WAKEFIELD)= place name
Name with 2 Letters in larger caps (WAlnut)=central office name
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.