News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Siemens Auso S62

Started by LarryInMichigan, August 07, 2013, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I just received this: ebay link.  It was a $20 BIN, so I bought it.  I like the styling of these 1960s Italian phones, but I am not quite crazy about the color of this one.  It really screams 1970s.  I see "7505" and "7506" printed in various places, so I am wondering if the phone was made in 1975.  The phone arrived rather dirty, but it is in pretty good condition, and it does work.  There was a paper with a wiring diagram inside the phone, so I am including a scan of it here.

Larry

dsk

Great.
Pretty advanced anti sidetone circuit compared to German phones too.

Since you now have the Italian plug, would you please care to measure the size of the pins, and the distance between them.
It looks like the old Finish/Norwegian style, but are not listed as equal.

(The Norwegian jacks has distance c-c for the 2 line pins: 11mm or 7/16", and approx 15mm or 19/32", and the holes are 6mm or 15/64" )

dsk

LarryInMichigan

The center-to-center distance between the two top pis is about 10.5mm.  The distance to the center of the third pin from each of the tow is about 15mm.  The pins are about 18mm long.

Larry

dsk

Thank you, I'll guess that's equal enough to be used here too.

dsk

LarryInMichigan

The plug is not of much use to me here, and I don't plan on moving to Italy any time soon (though the weather is probably better there).  If someone would like to trade something for it, contact me.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I cleaned and polished the phone and reassembled it this morning.  It works very well, but it is still orange.  Here are a couple of "after" pictures (please disregard the dial gasket which is sticking out of the shell).

Larry

WesternElectricBen

DavePEI

We've got samples of Western Electric, Northern Electric, Automatic Electric, etc. why the heck not collect Semen samples? :)

D.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on August 09, 2013, 04:59:59 AM
We've got samples of Western Electric, Northern Electric, Automatic Electric, etc. why the heck not collect Semen samples? :)

D.

Uh.. Dave, check out how you spell Seimens...
Ben

HarrySmith

Agreed :o

Leave those samples to the bank ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 09, 2013, 11:17:38 AM

D.

Ben
;) Bully Bully!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: DavePEI on August 09, 2013, 03:17:18 PM

D.

Ben
;) Bully Bully!

What's that suppose to mean?

Ben

DavePEI

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on August 09, 2013, 05:10:01 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on August 09, 2013, 03:17:18 PM

D.

Ben
;) Bully Bully!

What's that suppose to mean?

Ben
Don't get paranoid. The spelling was intentional. What animal does a farmer collect his "siemens" samples from (aside from Horses)? Before I retired from the post office, we used to have little stainless cans shipped from farmer to farmer all of the time to use in their insemination programs! Yuck!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001