News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hot Enough For You?

Started by 19and41, May 28, 2019, 04:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

We usually don't place too well in the snow contests, So I thought I'd start a thread on the temperatures we have been experiencing lately.  The mercury moved into the mid 90's F here in the last couple of weeks.  In another week or two I may be in the market for some green spray paint for my dead grass.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

OK, here in South Florida we were up in the 90's. This weekend it went back down to low 80's! Only 84 here today. Supposed to be back in the 90's by the end of the weekend.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Texas...just HOT
wuz 80 something yesterday.

Key2871

He,ya in the noth east it was warm for a few days, bringing out the black fly's and skitos but after a loooong winter I'm liking the Change today it's a cool 53 degrees..
But it's better than snow..
KEN

19and41

We have a few more days of the hots here.  This is what I was worrying about when it was 70 in February.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Meanwhile, over here in my part of the north east of England, it's quite cool by comparison...  ;D

Babybearjs

John

Desert Phone Guy

The high on Memorial Day yesterday was 79 Degrees in Phoenix.  The weather  station said this morning we have had the coolest May since  1956.

Course that is changing next week with highs forecast to be 100+.

Steve in AZ....

Key2871

After waiting for months over that long winter past. With temps barely reaching 35 degrees...
Today, and the past few weeks.. Wow it's hot..
Does anyone else think so? Obviously I don't know about other countries such as Norway, or the UK... But I'm in the northeast, where it's 89. And feels like 95.
KEN

dsk

Today the last little spot of snow disappeared from the slalom slopes across the wally :-)

dsk

nolan613

Well here in eastern North Carolina it has cooled down from mid nineties to only a high of 91...  Summer in the south.
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

Babybearjs

we've been blessed, we've had cooler than normal temps right up to this weekend. but now that we are in Jul, its going to start getting hot.... we've been very lucky!
John

Whitcrane76

High is 93, 58% humidity, heat index = 103. Yeah it's hot enough!

Key2871

Temps 93, well felt that way the past several days..
But a reprve is here, at least for a few days, started the day in the mid 70s at 9 ish a.m., ending in the low 70s with an expected low of 58. Ahhh. That's better. I like the warm weather, but for two weeks straight no so much.
KEN

twocvbloke

Here in the UK, at least where I am, it's been quite variable, the temperatures have been up and down a lot in the past month so there's been a couple of hot days followed by cold, then warm, and cold and so-on, just typical british weather really... :)