News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My New Leich 70A Local Battery Set with Drawing

Started by LarryInMichigan, October 05, 2009, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I was bidding on a couple of them on ebay but let them go.

http://tinyurl.com/yaqh73g

http://tinyurl.com/ybclsv8
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

It seems that there has been a sudden spurt of these things.  Check out item 280406459492.  If someone would offer $350 for mine, I'll consider painting it ivory :).

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 06, 2009, 05:54:32 PM
It seems that there has been a sudden spurt of these things.  Check out item 280406459492.  If someone would offer $350 for mine, I'll consider painting it ivory :).

Larry

The price is because it's not just any ol' phone, it's a "Deco" phone! 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

donna

Ellen

I'm waiting for an Art Nouveau phone.   Maybe one of those silver-mounted jobs?

LarryInMichigan

The seller of the ivory Leich phone asked me for advice about how to list it.  I suggested that she identify it as a Leich desk phone that has been upgraded with a new network, and dial, and new cloth cords.  I also said that I had no idea what it is worth, but I doubted that anyone would pay more than $100 for it.  I also suggested that she clean an polish the finger wheel.

Larry

dsk

I love working with the circuit diagrams, and I guess this will be right.

dsk

HowardPgh

Handle that Liech carefully.  The bakelite shell is thin under the metal cradle, and they tend to get a hairline crack on the upper back corners.  The components are itght fit inside as that is a really small phone.
I have one of those with an extended base for the bell.
Howard
Howard

kleenax

Quote from: Brinybay on October 05, 2009, 05:55:41 PM
Is it just me?  I can't see all the pictures or the right side of your post because they run off the page and there's no scroll bar.  Had to zoom way out to even see the reply button.  Anyway, nice phone. 
Brinybay;

try holding your "Control" key down while hitting the (zero) "0" key. That should put your view back into perspective.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC